BMW vrs GoPoint BT1

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BMW vrs GoPoint BT1

Post by Harry »

Thanks for sharing your experience. Seems to be a pretty low level issue initially. To my knowledge 177.0.5 is the last version (need to check when connected in my car) but GoPoint will clarify on this for sure. Please keep me posted, although this is a new flavor, it is a BMW M3 again...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
fanredwings73
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by fanredwings73 »

Harry wrote:Thanks for sharing your experience. Seems to be a pretty low level issue initially. To my knowledge 177.0.5 is the last version (need to check when connected in my car) but GoPoint will clarify on this for sure. Please keep me posted, although this is a new flavor, it is a BMW M3 again...

- Harry
Looking at the GoPoint support site, 177.0.5 is the latest firmware as of March 28, 2013.

https://gopointtech.zendesk.com/entries ... t-Releases
mousemaster
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by mousemaster »

Bluetooth.png
Bluetooth.png (86.92 KiB) Viewed 4510 times
Hi Harry,
I have a few screen shots to show you. I eventually got the BT1 to pair to my Iphone 4. It works with my Mercedes S430 as it should.

It still won't work with my 2004 BMW M3 with a stock S54 engine. Here are the screen shots. If you have any final recommendations or ideas I would welcome them. I did send off several inquiries to the Hamilton folks for troubleshooting. However, they won't even answer me now.
Attachments
Expert Settings.png
Expert Settings.png (97.45 KiB) Viewed 4510 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please give us some more days, I work with several other BMW drivers to find a solution for this. It is pretty difficult as I do not have a BMW car around for testing. So it is always a long ping pong to generate logs / adjust the code and test again.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mousemaster
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by mousemaster »

This just came into my email box this morning from them:

Connectivity to the BMW M3 has been frustrating for some time. Our thanks to Ray, with his help we have found a fixed an elusive timing issue with the ISO 9141 communication. The latest release of firmware for the BT1, BT1A and GL1 has these changes incorporated. The BT1 App will re-flash your hardware with the new firmware just released.
Best regards,
Tod Hamilton
GoPoint Technology Support Team
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, please check if this is related to your issue. As I have several (different) issues with BMW OBD replies this will fix some, but probably not all issues. Looking forward to your report!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mousemaster
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by mousemaster »

I think the problem is now solved. Many thanks to you Harry and the BT1 team. Success for the S54.
Attachments
BT1 image.PNG
BT1 image.PNG (96.96 KiB) Viewed 4489 times
mousemaster
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by mousemaster »

Next issue:

I tried out a sample video recording. I took a snap shot of the playback to show the problem. When I choose overlay, the phone seems to try to do a video overlay. However, during playback, the actual data is not presented. You can see there is a throttle sensor and other parameters, just no data.

Help !
Attachments
no data II.PNG
no data II.PNG (55.37 KiB) Viewed 4485 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please check your recordings (especially GPS). There are no known issues with the overlay, but missing data due to missing quality data from GPS and OBD is a frequent issue. So please enter the Lap's Details and verify the data: follow the preview row and flip through the charts to understand what data is available and which is not. In case you cannot find the issue yourself, please consider either opening a new thread or switch to email. We need to stay on topic here ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mousemaster
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by mousemaster »

Right, stay on topic.

What is the appropriate email address?

Thank you.