Kiwi 3

Discussion related to external OBD sensors
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kiwi 3

Postby Harry » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:09 pm

Especially when playing with other apps accessing OBD: take care you kill them before using LapTimer. From what I see most apps are not "well behaving" and keep connecting and communicating with the adapter while sent to background. LapTimer will certainly not be able to keep a reliable connection then. Opposed to this, LapTimer closes all connections when sent to background - so other can use these exclusive resources.

Especially for newer cars (older cars add protocol issues), this will be the issue in 90% of all cases.

In case this doesn't help, please follow instructions in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1500.

- Harry

Image Image Image Image
Jordan
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Postby Jordan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:49 am

I'm getting a low data rate with a new kiwi 3:
Kiwi 3 firmware reported by Harry's as 1.5.0.3
iPhone 7
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman S
CAN setting 3 adaptive
Only getting 3-4 Hz and there was a roughly one second delay in seeing it update throttle as I was watching it.

Also very confused about how to get a data overlay video with video taken by internal iPhone camera. I can copy the video to the camera roll but it disappears from the lap list. When I try to play the video inside the app it complains about having to export and re import or re sync or something with no explanation how. I can play the video fine in the iPhone photos app.

Not sure how to get a better data rate or how to get the video overlay working.

I have no other apps using the obd II data. Only thing I can think of now is that the car and the phone might have been connected via Bluetooth, although I actually think they weren't because the phone was connected to the car via USB and CarPlay. Don't know if CarPlay will mess anything up. I can switch to a regular cigarette lighter power source so it gets power without establishing the CarPlay data connection. And then I guess I could make the car forget the phone so it doesn't pair. Seems like a lot of hassle. Ideas? Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_1119.PNG
IMG_1119.PNG (85.59 KiB) Viewed 221 times

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Harry » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:45 pm

3-4 Hz is what can be expected as long as you do not have parallel requests enabled. As the snapshot does not show "parallel requests enabled", please recheck Settings ‣ Expert Settings ‣ OBD Tweaks ‣ CAN Multi Requests is really set to 3 PIDs/adaptive.

For the overlay topic, please have a look into Video Documentation available on http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. In case you have still questions, please create a new topic in "Using LapTimer". Thank you.

- Harry

Image Image Image Image
Jordan
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Postby Jordan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:31 am

Yes, it is definitely 3 / adaptive. Screen shots attached.

Thanks, I will check out the video overlay documentation.
Attachments
IMG_1128.PNG
IMG_1128.PNG (187.42 KiB) Viewed 203 times
IMG_1127.PNG
IMG_1127.PNG (145.3 KiB) Viewed 203 times

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Harry » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:26 am

You can create a log of the OBD conversation and send it to me: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1500
Please add a message "3-4 Hz although 3 PIDs/adaptive selected" so I understand the context of the log. I will check if I see anything unusual.

- Harry

Image Image Image Image

Return to “OBD”