[PLEASE VOTE] LapTimer v20 Feature Priorities

This forum covers all topics on Harry's LapTimer Rookie, Petrolhead, GrandPrix editions, as well as branded LapTimer versions.

LapTimer v20 Features

Hardware accelerated video overlaying (Android)
11%
AppleTV (new generation) app for driving analytics
2%
Support for incomplete, manual and certified laps
5%
MacOSX app for driving analytics and video overlaying
9%
External cam only mode (i.e. internal cam is off)
21%
More options for video overlays
19%
Performance Testing (acceleration distance / speed range)
9%
Cloud based storage (access from multiple devices)
6%
More sensor support (comment on type required)
6%
Better / more data analytics
13%

Total votes: 247
_sadpanda
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: [PLEASE VOTE] LapTimer v20 Feature Priorities

Post by _sadpanda »

Looks like it already has Android/USB support for android 3.1+

http://www.obdlink.com/support/sxusb/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ns.OBDLink

How difficult do you think this would be to implement? I'm thinking increased speed and zero connection drops would be a good thing. This would keep the BT open for GPS and open up the wifi for other functions ie Cams or hotspot data
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Not difficult, but I'm too tight with v20 requests and the (self made) deadline already. I have added it to my long list for future activities. Please always post feature requests to a separate thread in the Feature Requests area. This allows others to +1.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
meikel
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by meikel »

Custom PIDs for Oil Temp would be very nice.

Further the option to customise the 2 OBD temp fields (oil & water temp) in Timer View like it's possible in Racer's View.
Should be easy to do with great benefits.
RedViper
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by RedViper »

Hi Harry

Firstly would just like to say thanks for all the features your App has up to now and for getting it to market for such a reasonable price.

I joined this forum today to see if there was an explanation on how to use an external camera only. Now I see it as feature for version 20 I guess I will just need to be patient.

Cheers
angelok
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by angelok »

Just a quick note on more sensor data..

I'm not sure if this is available, but I'd love more data on braking. I'd take anything, but brake position would be awesome!

As a beginner, I'm tinkering a bit with tire pressure. I've been thinking about an aftermarket TPMS, but I'd love to have that integrated with laptimer. Of course, as I get better and dial it in, it might not be all that important, who knows. It would be interesting to see how where on the track the tires start heating up.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

angelok wrote:Just a quick note on more sensor data..

I'm not sure if this is available, but I'd love more data on braking. I'd take anything, but brake position would be awesome!

As a beginner, I'm tinkering a bit with tire pressure. I've been thinking about an aftermarket TPMS, but I'd love to have that integrated with laptimer. Of course, as I get better and dial it in, it might not be all that important, who knows. It would be interesting to see how where on the track the tires start heating up.
Brake points can be identified using negative longitudinal acceleration. Try LapTimer ‣ Analysis ‣ Lap List ‣ select any lap ‣ Data Recordings / Preview ‣ Charts ‣ swipe to longitudinal acceleration. LapTimer has an acceleration / deceleration map display too: goto Data Recordings again but stay in Map. Select the top left configuration icon and switch to the second map type. This will display negative longitudinal acceleration in red. Changes from green to red are the brake points.

NB: To analyze break points, an external GPS with 10Hz or more is required.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Forgot the TPMS thing: I'd love to integrate it but haven't found any manufacturer providing a 3rd party interface (BT LE) so far. In case you know one, please let me know.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I'm not sure that TPMS provides anything other than good/bad. The good is determined by the tire pressure when the device is recognized by the ECU or when it wakes up. I'm not sure which. The device in the tire turns off when the tire isn't rotating and wakes up when it starts rotating to conserve battery life. The battery, by the way, is not replaceable. When it dies, you have to replace the whole thing. They're about $45 US each, not including unmounting, remounting and balancing the tire.