iOS6 bugs?

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

iOS6 bugs?

Post by gplracerx »

I'm having massive problems since I 'upgraded' to iOS6. The iapd daemon that controls communication through the 30 pin plug crashes frequently. Since I have an Emprum GPS dongle, that's a problem. In the Emprum app, I can see that the GPS has a good lock, but no position and speed information is displayed. In the map view, there is no blue dot indicating my position. Yet somehow, HLT works somewhat. It did start and stop at the autocross this weekend, but I was concentrating so much on the technical problems, I managed to DNF in different locations on all four of my runs. I'm about to do a reinstall from scratch to see if that helps.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: iOS6 bugs?

Post by Harry »

Hi,

As written by email it is not yet clear if this is an issue with Emprum / iOS6 or your individual situation. I have not been able to reproduce this so far on my device. Please wait until Roger from Emprum has further investigated. From my PoV it is a valid option to try a (complete) reset of your device. Please make sure you backup your data ahead of doing this. LapTimer data is best backed up using a full .hlptrl export. Please make sure you do not have videos in LapTimer's Documents area as these will not be restored from .hlptrl.

- Harry

P.S. Moved to LapTimer/Accessories/GPS
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

It looks like updating my iPod to iOS 6.1 has solved the problem. Since updating several days ago, I haven't had an iapd crash. I'll be trying it in the field this weekend.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I should have left well enough alone. I updated to 6.1.2 and problems are back in spades. I've had to do a full system restore twice. It looks like if you go into lock mode, when you come out you have to kill and restart any app that uses the Emprum GPS.
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

6.1.3 is at beta so it may fix it again.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I've found that the only reliable method to ensure correct functioning of the Emprum Ultimate with my iPod is to turn off location services before powering down. When I do lose the connection to the Ultimate, I can usually restore it by turning location services off and then on again without a full reboot. It's probably also best to not have the Ultimate plugged in when powering up.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I let the battery run down completely on my iPod and the problem seems to have gone away.