TomTom Car Kit and XGPS150 at the same time?

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
Humanosaurus
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

TomTom Car Kit and XGPS150 at the same time?

Post by Humanosaurus »

I have both the Tom Tom car kit and the XGPS150 (w/upgraded firmware) for my 3rd Gen iPod Touch.

I would like to force LapTimer to use the XGPS150, but I'd still like to use the TomTom mount to fix the iPod in the car and keep it charged.

Is this possible? Looking for a seamless solution, so that my co-drivers don't have to learn anything particularly complicated.

I was playing around with this at an event this weekend, and seemed to have trouble getting Lap Timer to get a satellite fix when the car got turned off and on again.

The XGPS150 will plugged in as well.

Thanks for any advice.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TomTom Car Kit and XGPS150 at the same time?

Post by Harry »

LapTimer has a very sophisticated sensor management (visible in Sensor List). All sensors of one kind (e.g. GPS) have a priority. As soon as a sensor with higher priority is connected, the lower priority sensor is disconnected. The XGPS has a higher priority than the TomTom, which again has a higher priority than the internal GPS. So everything should work just fine - independent of power supply for the TomTom or XGPS. Let me know if you run into problems.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image