RaceBox Mini

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RaceBox Mini

Post by Harry »

LapTimer will never be connected to two GPS sensors, so this is strange. I will try to reproduce that the next days.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Thanks for the feedback, it has been a bug...

Racebox's script integration didn't handle hundreds seconds precision properly. Instead it set the hundreds seconds part of measurements to 0. So LapTimer received 25 fixes per second - but all with the same timestamp. In LapTimer's database, this resulted in 1 fix added and the next 24 overwriting this first value. So in the end only 1 of 25 made their way into the database.

Although LapTimer will report your Racebox Mini recordings as recorded with the internal GPS at 1 Hz, it is actually the Racebox GPS at 1 Hz. For lap time accuracy, the error introduced will be smaller than 0.02s, but these recordings certainly miss the level of detail one would expect.

This problem will be fixed in LapTimer v24.6.1, I plan to release it the next days.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Mr. Knowitall
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Mr. Knowitall »

Thanks, glad to hear a fix is coming!
rbono459890
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rbono459890 »

Hello Harry
Any update on releasing 24.6.1 with the big fix ?
Thanks
BaezoN
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by BaezoN »

Hi. I’m a Grand Prix Edition user. Do you recommend to invest in the Racebox Mini? It’s looks a good solution at very nice price. Thanks in advance.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

To start with, the LapTimer iOS version 24.6.1 is available on the stores now. Android will follow shortly.

The main decision one has to make is whether you want an external GPS or not. In case want higher timing accuracy and the option to do in depth data analysis, an external GPS is recommended. Once this decision has been made, the Racebox Mini is a very good option.
Image Image Image Image
Mr. Knowitall
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Mr. Knowitall »

Thanks for the update Harry!

BaezoN, RaceBox Mini is the only external GPS I have ever used, but I am very happy with it. Never had a problem connecting or dropping a connection, awesome accuracy and update rate for position (haven't looked at gyro data much), great batter life, works with many applications.
phil9417
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by phil9417 »

Is there a setting to change to have it show 25hz? The lap times still show 1hz on my laps with the Racebox mini with the latest update.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This has been tested, please make sure you have 24.6.2 installed. Btw, old recordings (24.6.1) will not switch to 25 Hz after the fact, it has been stored at 1 Hz only.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
phil9417
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by phil9417 »

The latest in the Apple App Store is 24.6.1 right now.