XGPS150 & Iphone 4S battery life questions....

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
king-rb
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

XGPS150 & Iphone 4S battery life questions....

Post by king-rb »

I just purchased an XPGS150 to compliment my Harry's app, which has worked great so far. I wanted a bit more accuracy with the data, especially with autocross courses, so I opted with the XGPS150. I have upgraded the firmware so that i am now running 5Hz, and now have a few questions in regards to optimal settings / battery life.

I noticed the iphone still had the internal GPS active even when the XGPS was connected, so i turned of the 'location services' for the Harry's app. Is there another override procedure, or is this the correct way? I want to conserve my iphone battery life, especially if i will be using it for video.

On the XPGS, i notice the GPS light stays illuminated even when i exit out of the Harry's app, and the manual says that it should only be active while being accessed by certain apps. Is there another setting that i am missing in order to conserve XPGS battery life?

Thank you again for a great app & and informative forum!
Daniel
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: XGPS150 & Iphone 4S battery life questions....

Post by Daniel »

Turn off mobile data or just 3g, turn off wifi if you're not using it, turn off push email. All of that should help.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: XGPS150 & Iphone 4S battery life questions....

Post by Harry »

You should not get the location service icon in the status bar while using a *directly* connected GPS. Maybe your XGPS has been connected using the standard Apple location service thus delivering positions through this channel. You can always check this by navigating into LapTimer's Sensor List. You should see the XGPS "connected" here.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image