Bad Elf GPS tested on motorcycle.

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
Duck
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Bad Elf GPS tested on motorcycle.

Post by Duck »

This makes me a sad panda :(

10hz GPS > ALL
TomMurray
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by TomMurray »

It's been a bit disappointing that Bad Elf have taken so long with this. I'll soon be looking for a bluetooth GPS to JB/BTStack.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Yes, agreed. It seems I do not get this accelerated. Asked several times for an update but didn't receive a reply lately.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Just a quick update. We're talking with Harald and he will be testing his app with the Bad Elf GPS soon. His app might be the first to take advantage of our 5-10Hz reporting mode via the accessory APIs...
Found here: http://feedback.bad-elf.com/forums/7690 ... -your-gps-

Maybe we should post some more feedback on their site ;)
TomMurray
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by TomMurray »

Yeah, but that was from last year.

Extra posting on their site might get them to start working though. Even a 'we're busy, we expect to be able to do it by.....' would be good.

Harry, well done on being such a supportive app developer.
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Looks like it helped:
Our sincere apologies for the delay - we've started work on a 2nd product that will also be very useful for race timing, and we're making sure both support the same API. This way apps like Harry's Lap Timer will work with both accessories out of the box. We'll get the necessary information to Harold and others ASAP!
doborder
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by doborder »

Any word on Bad elf's API???
TomMurray
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by TomMurray »

doborder wrote:Any word on Bad elf's API???
Apparently they're working on a second product that will incorporate the same API's. Although they haven't given any indication what the second product is....
JMohn
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by JMohn »

TomMurray wrote: Although they haven't given any indication what the second product is....
Maybe this is a hint?
Brett Hackleman (Founder, Bad Elf) wrote:We have gotten tons of requests for a product that can support an external GPS puck antenna like you describe! Right now the only option is to use the Bad Elf GPS dongle with a 30-pin dock extender cable, but that’s a bit of a hack. I’ve passed along your feature request to the rest of the team.
But maybe not.
TomMurray
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by TomMurray »

JMohn wrote:
TomMurray wrote: Although they haven't given any indication what the second product is....
Maybe this is a hint?
Brett Hackleman (Founder, Bad Elf) wrote:We have gotten tons of requests for a product that can support an external GPS puck antenna like you describe! Right now the only option is to use the Bad Elf GPS dongle with a 30-pin dock extender cable, but that’s a bit of a hack. I’ve passed along your feature request to the rest of the team.
But maybe not.

Well whatever 'team' he's referring to obviously need to pull their finger out. It's unprofessional to promise something and resort to excuses like this to cover your arse. How they need
To wait til a second product is released to be able to send the API's to developers seems absurd. I
Recommend that anybody considering their product not listen to their claims and run with known products.