Bad Elf GPS tested on motorcycle.

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
Bestlap
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Bad Elf GPS tested on motorcycle.

Post by Bestlap »

Some other news :
The version of our app that includes the 10Hz user setting went live on Wednesday. We have seen no issues, the stress testing must have worked.
Bad-Elf GPS application has been updated to 1.1.2 :
http://itunes.apple.com/app/bad-elf-gps/id391764718
Version 1.1.2 of our app has a user setting that allows different refresh rates to be selected by the end user. This is in on the INFO page under SETTINGS.
About the API to have access directly to the high quality binary data :
Still working on our API, if you signed up as a developer with us you will be getting any information that comes through the pipeline.
As a priority this was right after the new app release and that's done now, so ... soon !
http://bad-elf.com/support/bad-elf-gps-apis/
http://bad-elf.com/sign-up-for-the-bad- ... oper-list/

So seems that 10Hz is now available through the standard Location Service !
Waiting now for direct stream access !
Bestlap
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Bestlap »

Does anyone have a Bad Elf GPS unit to test the 10Hz mode available now through the user settings of the Bad Elf application ?
We should then see around 10Hz GPS rate in Harry LapTimer itself !

Thank you ;)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You can set 10 Hz as default update rate in the Bad Elf application. I tested it yesterday and LapTimer measures 10 Hz after setting it like this. The odd thing is I cannot integrate it like the Emprum Ultimate and Dual's XGPS150 as the API is not availability. So currently, this combination misses the additional information like satellites, exact NMEA timestamp, and accessory recognition in general (it appears as Internal GPS in the Sensor List).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Bestlap
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Bestlap »

Hi Harry,
Thank you for your feedback, perfect ;)
We now wait for their API, should be available "soon" according to the Bad Elf support team.
TomMurray
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by TomMurray »

Harry,

Any word at all from Bad Elf?....

Cheers,

Tom.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No, I tried to contact them 4 or 5 weeks ago, but did not get an answer at all. Don't know whats going on there.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
TomMurray
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by TomMurray »

Well I ha this reply in regards to a request for a refund for the Bad Eld GPS.

(extract)

"I understand your frustration about the lack of APIs and native support for apps such as Harry's Lap Timer, CMS LapTimer Pro, etc.  As you know our goal was to get this released a LONG time ago, but frankly we just haven't had the development resources internally to make it happen.  I'm hoping this will change by the end of the year but can't make any promises. "

It wasn't a bad email, and they have said they will give me a full refund. However it is frustrating that their reason for not passing on the API's is because they haven't had the resources. Yet I get an email the other day telling me about the new Bluetooth gps product they have just released.

I don't see the point of neglecting your existing customers for ones you don't have yet....