RaceCapture support

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
silacim3
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: RaceCapture support

Post by silacim3 »

Harry wrote:
silacim3 wrote:Harry, one more question if you don't mind.

Do you happen to know if the issue described in this thread, (vbo/CT when using RC) is still existent:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4356

Is this issue only related to RC's GPS data not having enough resolution, or is it the same with other GPS modules like XGPS160 or bad Elf?

I've practically read every thread on HLT and still not sure which route to go, so some advice would be greatly appreciated. I would like to use HLT in real-time but also need to use CT for post-analysis.
Please describe the problem you are referencing to.

- Harry
From all my reading, I gathered there are a couple issues but I'm not sure if these might be old or not.
First about the RC devices not supporting direction (or missing headings) which will cause triggering issues with HLT.
Second is what gplracerx just described, with RC running at 25HZ but not having enough resolution in their GPS data.

gplracerx thanks for confirming that XGPS160 is running fine with HLT. I wonder if RC at 10HZ would be ok too in terms of exporting into CT.