Improved accuracy with Dual XGPS150A ?

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Improved accuracy with Dual XGPS150A ?

Post by bulls23 »

I just read that Dual has released a new Version of the XGPS150:
It now supports up to 30V, has the news Firmware and supports WAAS and EGNOS. According to what I read, those systems provide positioning accuracy down to 1-0.3m. WAAS is US only, EGNOS is for Europe. Will the improvement also be available in laptimer or are software changes necessary? With that level of accuracy, we might finaly get to the point, where we actually can compare different lines on track with our favourite app :D
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Improved accuracy with Dual XGPS150A ?

Post by hms »

It includes an adaptor for charging from 28v systems, (lorry, coach,) anyone fancy taking a lorry around the 'ring!
Quick skim, but i don't recognise any other changes. Is the 'a' suffix just to show it has the later software?

H
Black S Special goes by the name of Lexie.
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM

bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

So WAAS and EGNOS have always been supported by the Dual hardware?
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

As far as i'm aware yes, that is provided by the chipset, which I don't think has changed
I could be wrong tho'!
H
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM

bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

In that case...I'm a victim of a cheap marketing trick...online shop claiming new hardware capabilties which aren't new :,-(
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

Never mind, you have a bloody good bit of kit with the xgps150!
H

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

hms wrote:Never mind, you have a bloody good bit of kit with the xgps150!
Yes, indeed.

Here is the full story provided by Dual:

The "-A" suffix just indicates the new 12-30V adapter is included with the product. The GPS device is still the same as the model without the "-A" suffix. (Both devices support WAAS & EGNOS.)

BTW, a version of the XGPS150 under the brand name Axxera is just now starting to enter the EU market. This model is the proper one for the EU/UK because it has CE & RoHS manufacturing certifications. It is identical to the XGPS150 under the Dual-branding, and can be updated to the 5Hz firmware as well.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

Thanks Harry,
Just checked my car charger and the input for that is 12 to 24v, so Im not sure if that can be used in a 24 v system as they run up to 28v.
H