Holux 1000C - Setting 10hz?

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
MWPaus
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Holux 1000C - Setting 10hz?

Post by MWPaus »

Hi all,

I have a Holux 1000C BT GPS (MTK3329 based) which is capable of 10Hz update rates.
By default the GPS is set to 1Hz, and LapTimer reports it as being "connected @ 1Hz".

Can i use the "initialization expert setting" to send the NMEA command to set a different update rate?
The MTK manual says sending "$PMTK220,100*2F" will set a 10Hz rate.
Ive tried entering this in that settings line, but seemed to have no effect.

Any help?

Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Holux 1000C - Setting 10hz?

Post by Harry »

The initialization field's intension has been exactly this. However, it has not been used so far - which is the reason it will be removed in v22. The approach for v22 will be a sensor integration script (see our developer program). I'd suggest to test if the 10 Hz setting is permanent once it is set. Connect the device to some terminal program or tool coming with the device and set it to 10 Hz. Connect to your smartphone and see if you get the 10 Hz set before.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MWPaus
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by MWPaus »

Harry,

The update rate setting isn't permanent otherwise that would be an easy fix.
It's semi-permanent, and in my experience it's impossible to know when the rate will be reset so im looking for a better solution.

I used to use this same GPS module about 5 years ago with your software on a jailbroken iPhone 3s.
I just purchased your software again for Android for a track day i have coming up this Friday.

Is there any quick fix here?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I do not have a quick fix for you. Please try setting it as recommended and keep it turned on. In case it resets the rate when unpairing from the PC and pairing it with your Android phone, you may find an Android app allowing such tweaks...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image