Redrive 20Hz GPS receiver

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
Mateusz
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Redrive 20Hz GPS receiver

Post by Mateusz »

I saw a new entrant to the GPS accesories world recently - http://redrive.it .
It boasts 20hz update rate, SD card, BTLE compatibility, external ant included. The firm claims to be in contact with Harry. Does it work with Laptimer already? If not, what are the chances it will? Should I start writing the letter to Santa? List price is PLN1250 (around €300), so cheaper than Vbox.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Redrive 20Hz GPS receiver

Post by Harry »

As long as the device streams a standard NMEA stream with GPS data, you can configure LapTimer to connect to any BT LE device now. I'm not aware they are in contact with me ;-) , where do you see the reference?

We will see a number of new exciting external devices added soon!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Mateusz
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Mateusz »

That's what they answered when I asked via online form about Redrive compatibility with HLT!
Mateusz
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Mateusz »

I noticed one issue with v23 connectivity (iOS) - ReDrive GPS is not connected automatically (like before), but requires switching BT off and on in the iphone. If HLT is put in the background, and brought back, this requires cycling of the BT again.. OBD MX+ was the other device.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This should be true only while driving and another BT connection connected already. In this situation, LapTimer turns of accessory detection to not disturb ongoing communication. Keep in mind that an active BT discovery reduces bandwidth for BT communication massively.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image