Setting up ultiMate

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
Crozzer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Setting up ultiMate

Post by Crozzer »

I've got the latest ultiMate and HLT pro, on a 4Gs, but can't seem to get HLT to use the device.
Are there any settings or changes I need to make?

Some seemingly relevant info:
- ultimate app works as expected
- ultimate appears as available in HLT sensor list
- right now, I am getting zero gps data. Last night, HLT said it was connected to TomTom ( I used to own one), but still o gps data.

Suggestions, please?
Crozzer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Setting up ultiMate

Post by Crozzer »

Working now, but could use some guidance.

If I run the ultimate app, then HLT, HLT recognizes the device, but gets stuck "acquiring satellites"
I found that removing the ultimate, then plugging it back in, works.

Is there a better way to have it just.. Work, i.e.: without fussing with the removal of the ultimate?

Maybe a setting? I'm assuming the ultimate app is "hogging" the signal and not letting HLT have it?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hot plugging and switching between Emprum's app and Harry's LapTimer is not yet error free. So here is the how-to to get things connected:
  1. Make sure you have the latest firmware for the Ultimate loaded (use the Emprum app to check / load)
  2. Update Harry's LapTimer to the latest version
  3. Make sure neither the Ultimate app, nor LapTimer are running (use the task bar in spring board to check / kill)
  4. Plug in the Ultimate
  5. Start LapTimer
- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Emprum
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Emprum »

Hi Crozzer,

With respect to the UltiMate GPS App, it fully release the connection to the UltiMate GPS accessory when you either send it to the background or fully quit the app.

The issue lies in reconnecting to the accessory when an app is either sent to the background or fully quit, and when the accessory is unplugged/re-plugged. Since iOS5, Apple's iOS has become less nice about it, so it took a while before I got the UltiMate GPS App working properly. Version 3.0.0 was working fine on the newer iOS5, but still had some issues on the older iOS3.x. The current UltiMate GPS App v3.0.1 that is now on the app store has been tested extensively with different iOS and should work properly now for all of them.

Again, it's a bit tricky to properly code the app to get things working under all circumstances (like unplugging/re-plugging the accessory with the app running, quitting or back-grounding the app with the accessory plugged in or not, or a combination of both).

I believe Harry is currently addressing all of that. I'd be happy to assist any time!

Roger from Emprum
tdott
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tdott »

Thanks Roger and Harry,

This helps with some of the issues I was having switching between apps and makes alot of sense now.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Should work much better in v15.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image