XGPS 160 Sensor Delay

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
tooheybill
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

XGPS 160 Sensor Delay

Post by tooheybill »

Hi,
I see that after a Reset in Expert Settings my Dual XGPS delay is 1.5 sec. (and internal Accel 0.5 sec.)

I have seen posts that refer to 0.7 second delay for the XGPS (maybe too old?).

Just wanted to check that the 1.5 second value is current.

(iPhone 5S with iOS 10.2.1 and HLT v20.2.4)

Regards
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: XGPS 160 Sensor Delay

Post by Harry »

You get around half a second from the signal transmission time (from satellites) plus processing plus the delay from update rates. So 0.7s looks like a good value for the XGPS. 0.7s by the way *is* the default for the XGPS settings.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tooheybill
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by tooheybill »

Thanks Harry, as always a prompt reply.

The thing that has me puzzled is that I have activated the "Reset Settings" flag at the bottom of the "Expert Setting" page a few times. I have even entered some "dummy values " before the reset, and indeed the reset does resets them to a defined set. What has me confused is that the Dual XGPS value resets to 1.5.
The list (from top to bottom) after a reset is: 1.8, 0.7, 1.5, 1.5, 1.5, 1.5, 1, 0.5, 1.

I had imaged that the Reset Defaults were loaded from your site upon a reset. Alternatively are they stored locally on my iPhone and have somehow been changed or corrupted? ?

Odd?

(iPhone 5S with iOS 10.2.1 and HLT GP v20.2.4
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The defaults are stored locally, they are unchangeable and cannot get corrupted. The reset operation itself my have a problem, I will check that.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I have checked the reset and there is an inconsistency in LapTimer's routines for the XGPS default delay. Will be fixed in v21. Please reset to 0.7 manually currently.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tooheybill
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by tooheybill »

No Worries , Will do.
Thanks again
planetshg
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by planetshg »

Some values truly seem to be unaffected by the expert settings reset.
I came accross the issue and this thread when needing their default values for internal sensors and an OBDLink MX BT myself. ;)

For instance, using a OnePlus Three*, the Display «Refresh rate» gets defaulted back to 5, while Sensor Delays for «GPS», «OBD», «Accelerator» and «RaceCapture Combined» stay as defined by the user.

* stock OxygenOS 4.1.3 (Android 7.1.1), HLT GPE v21.0.5 - Apr 27 2017 10:14:05
john21wall
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by john21wall »

Hi, I have an external Dual XGPS160, how do I correctly connect it so it worked with your program? In the settings of the sensor device is not displayed. With my iPad it Bluetooth paired, but the data in the program do not..
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Pairing the XGPS device with any iOS smartphone /pad should be all you need to do. In case the sensor does not show up in Sensor List, please forget the device in BT Settings and pair it again. Make sure the Dual app is not actively in background.

Harry
Image Image Image Image