Qstarz BT-Q1000eX

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
gt350ed
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Qstarz BT-Q1000eX

Post by gt350ed »

I'm at my wits end. The manuals are terribly inadequate. This recorder SEEMS to operate and indicate a GPS signal. I then walk or ride a "course" to test it in QRAcing and attempt to "Read Logs". But I get a "GPS device connect fail" message as if the software is not seeing the recorder. What have I done wrong. I just received it via Amazon and if I cannot get it running, I'll be forced to send it back.

Any help would be appreciated.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Qstarz BT-Q1000eX

Post by Harry »

To make it work with LT you need to jailbreak your phone and install roqyBT4. The Qstarz is not compatible with LT out of the box. Please read more on this here: http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Compatibility.html

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
popeysson
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by popeysson »

hello harry

i know this GPS is not on the supported device list
but if possible i'd like some hints on how to use it with LT

iphone 3GS, ios5.0.1
i got roqy 1.32, i'm able to connect to the GPS, so far so good

now, i'm wondering on how to use it with LT as it doesn't appear in the sensor list
i'm playing with the settings but without success so far

thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

As the royqBT connected GPSes simply replace the internal chip, they appear to LapTimer as 'internal GPS' and are reported like that. To understand if the signal shown is from the internal GPS or your external device, you need to watch the values delivered. If for example you have set the device to 5Hz update rate, you should see this update rate in LapTimer's GPS View - instead of 1 Hz delivered by the real internal GPS.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Colonel_Klinck
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Colonel_Klinck »

Hi Harry. Used your Laptimer Pro (paid for ;-) ) for the first time at Snetteton yesterday. Worked ok but does need a better GPS than the iphone provides. Are there plans to make it work with a 10hz device like the Qstarz BT-Q1000eX??
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Currently, there is no 10Hz GPS Apple certified. I expect this to change over time, but the best you can get now is 5Hz (see www.gps-laptimer.de/Compatibility). The Qstarz can be connected using roqyBT4 / jailbreak - although I do not recommend to do this. As soon as devices get available, I adopt to them ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image