DNT OBD2: will it work?

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
the_jeby
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

DNT OBD2: will it work?

Post by the_jeby »

Goodmorning,

I'm looking for a bluetooth OBD2 adapter that works with the iPhone 5S and it's easily available in Italy (or in Europe).
I need it with bluetooth connection because the wifi will be used to connect with a Sony action cam.

I found this one:

DNT OBD2: http://www.dnt.de/OBD2-Bluetooth.2.html

The manufacturer is German, so all documentation is in German language and I can't understand anithing :D

There is also an app on the App Store, I'm just wondering if it's going to work with LapTimer GrandPrix.

I plan to use this alongwith an external bluetooth gps.

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DNT OBD2: will it work?

Post by Harry »

It doesn't work with LapTimer. The spec is not detailed, but both in case they are Made for iPhone certified or are using BT low energy, a special integration needs to be added. Nothing too complicated but it requires support by the manufacturer. From my point of view this is another closed solution.

In case WiFi is used by the Sony, the only possible option for OBD is GoPoint's BT1. You can order it from the U.S.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
the_jeby
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by the_jeby »

Thanks, will the GoPoint BT1A works the same? It uses "BlueTooth 2.1 with EDR" and it's compatible also with android

PS: I've posted in the wrong section, sorry...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, they are both fine.
Image Image Image Image