iPhone 4 iOS7, BTstack, Qstarz 818xt refresh rate

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
imclumzy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

iPhone 4 iOS7, BTstack, Qstarz 818xt refresh rate

Post by imclumzy »

I have an iPhone 4 on iOS7.0.4 jailbroken (obviously). I have purchased and installed BTstack and have successfully connected the Qstarz 818xt. I've deleted all the old HLT data and reinstalled the PetrolHead version of HLT fresh.

I'm experiencing an inconsistent GPS refresh rate. Usually I will receive between 2-3Hz. If I disconnect the 818xt from BTstack and then reconnect, sometimes I will get 9-10Hz. Then if I disconnect and reconnect (same location, haven't moved) I will get 2-3Hz again. Seems to be at random.

Is there a trick or tweak that needs to be done like the one for RoqyBT? Do I need to configure something using the PC Qstarz software?

Your help is much appreciate.
imclumzy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: iPhone 4 iOS7, BTstack, Qstarz 818xt refresh rate

Post by imclumzy »

Update:
Installed Qstarz GPS testing software. The 818xt has a 3 position toggle where the positions are labeled 10Hz, 1Hz and Off. In the software I set both the 10Hz and 1Hz positions to be 10Hz, just in case it was getting confused when turning on. I then tested with BTstack/HLT from the satellite view and I see the measured Hz it is showing 10. That's good, but on several occasions HLT crashes after a few minutes.

More testing to follow.