Harry's & VBOX Sport

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
Ned Loh
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Harry's & VBOX Sport

Post by Ned Loh »

Hi,

I have been using Harry's Lap Timer and Emprum UltiMate for a few years. I have been generally very happy with it, and will continue to use and support it. Recently I have been importing files into Circuit Tools in order analyze and improve lap times, however I feel I need more than 5Hz to get the most out of it. I am ready to buy a VBOX Sport to move to 20Hz, however I noticed this warning in red on the following page (and copied below):

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/usastore/pro ... VBOX-Sport

Will this issue effect the use of Harry's Lap Timer and the VBOX Sport?

Cheers.

**Update as of 5/7/14 - The VBOX Laptimer app has now been updated and works with the VBOX Sport. An update to PerformanceTest will be available shortly.**

*Apple’s iOS version 7.1 and 7.1.1 currently have an issue resulting in an unreliable Bluetooth connection to external devices. This issue is affecting VBOX Sport apps on Apple devices running iOS 7.1 and 7.1.1, leading to apps crashing due to a loss of connection. Apple devices running iOS 7.0 and earlier do not have this issue.

Apple is aware of this issue and is in the process of resolving it. In the meantime, Racelogic has developed a workaround for our iOS apps to reduce the effects of this issue. This workaround performs a Bluetooth communication test when the VBOX Sport Performance Test application is launched. If the application fails this test, it will need to be restarted until the test determines that Bluetooth communication is reliable. Our testing has shown that once the connection is established, it continues to work until the application is closed.

The updated apps with the workaround have been submitted to the App Store and will be available soon. While this workaround will increase Bluetooth reliability with the VBOX Sport, users may still experience Bluetooth communication issues with the VBOX Sport and iOS applications. Users that are still on iOS 7.0 are advised to stay on 7.0 until Apple has addressed the issue. For updates on this issue, please refer back to this page or the VBOX Sport Performance Test and on the iOS App Store.*

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Harry's & VBOX Sport

Post by Harry »

Please check yesterday's global announcement here on the forum. Currently all Bluetooth accessories are affected. While operation is possible it can be cumbersome to get stable connecting.

Harrt
Image Image Image Image
Ned Loh
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Harry's & VBOX Sport

Post by Ned Loh »

Hi Harry,

Thank you for the reply. I missed the other notice you posted. Hope it gets resolved quickly.

Thanks.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Harry's & VBOX Sport

Post by gplracerx »

Recently I have been importing files into Circuit Tools in order analyze and improve lap times, however I feel I need more than 5Hz to get the most out of it. I am ready to buy a VBOX Sport to move to 20Hz....
If you're going to use a VBOX Sport with Circuit Tools, I think you should import the .vbo file from the SD card on the VBOX Sport rather than go through HLT. I don't find Circuit Tools to be very useful, but I'm autocrossing, not lapping a known track.

I think the VBOX Sport still logs to the SD card when connected to HLT, but I'm not absolutely certain.