Qstarz 818xt vs.Q1000EX vs. Dual

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
froggy47
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Qstarz 818xt vs.Q1000EX vs. Dual

Post by froggy47 »

Phone is android MotoX latest ver.

Are these all similar external gps or are they different? Only a few $$ difference.

Will they all? I would rather not "jail break" my phone or otherwise hack it.

Should I try a different brand, I like plug & play not so much "tweaking" to get things to work.

Is the Dual better/easier to use?

Thanks!
Autox & HPDE
2004 Corvette Z06
Moto X/android, Dual 160, generic OBD2
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Qstarz 818xt vs.Q1000EX vs. Dual

Post by Harry »

The Dual XGPS160 and the Q1000EX include logging capabilities while the 818XT does not. The XGPS160 can be connected to both iOS and Android devices, while the Qstarz ones can be connected to Android phones only. Furthermore the XGPS160 has a fresher design and includes a very solid rubber plate (good for 1.3 lateral G) the Qstarz devices miss. Quality and handling is better in general. In terms of receiver quality, they rare probably all the same. So as long as you do not mind about the addition cost for the Dual I'd recommend this one. The Qstarz are good buys too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
froggy47
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Qstarz 818xt vs.Q1000EX vs. Dual

Post by froggy47 »

Harry wrote:The Dual XGPS160 and the Q1000EX include logging capabilities while the 818XT does not. The XGPS160 can be connected to both iOS and Android devices, while the Qstarz ones can be connected to Android phones only. Furthermore the XGPS160 has a fresher design and includes a very solid rubber plate (good for 1.3 lateral G) the Qstarz devices miss. Quality and handling is better in general. In terms of receiver quality, they rare probably all the same. So as long as you do not mind about the addition cost for the Dual I'd recommend this one. The Qstarz are good buys too.

- Harry
Thanks as always Harry!
Autox & HPDE
2004 Corvette Z06
Moto X/android, Dual 160, generic OBD2