Have I been stupid?

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Have I been stupid?

Post by hms »

I've been happily using my iphone 3gs with Harrys brilliant lap timer. (v13.4)
I wanted an external bluetooth GPS so I could have the phone in the glovebox, not rattling about in the centre console, so it was out of sight so I could not be accused of timing on a track day. (My track toy is an MX5, so with the hood down the centre console seems a reasonable place for the iphone.)
I was also looking forward to being able at some time in the future using the higher rate for the GPS.
The dual XGPS150 arrived today, paired it with the iphone, it does not appear in the sensors list In HLT. The Dual GPS App sees it and reports as expected.
Am I missing something, or have I been stupid thinking that an external GPS sensor will override the internal sensor?
Regards
Howard
Black S Special goes by the name of Lexie.
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Have I been stupid?

Post by Harry »

No, certainly not :-)

Version 13.4 had no support for the XGPS included. Instead, the XGPS links in as a replacement for the internal GPS and appears to LapTimer as 'internal sensor'. Native support with direct NMEA access is added in v14 which is in beta test right now.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Have I been stupid?

Post by hms »

Harry,
Thanks, Phew, not an idiot after all! :D
Off to try it out then on the 29th at Abbeville.
I know Beta v14 is closed but if you want a Beta test with the XGPS150 let me know.
Regards
Howard
Black S Special goes by the name of Lexie.
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM