note 2 + xgps160 + allow mock location --- flashing message?

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
ottoburgess
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

note 2 + xgps160 + allow mock location --- flashing message?

Post by ottoburgess »

let me say that all was fine with my old iphone 3gs+gopoint+xgps150a

but no, i had to go and get a samsung galaxy note 2, then the new dual xgps160, and on pre-order the scantool mx wifi

anyway, in three days i will be at mid-ohio, and i would like to record some laps, but man it's not working now

i just figured out how to put the note 2 into developer mode and 'allow mock locations' so that the xgps160 gps location can be 'shared' with the all applications

i have laptimer on, and it keeps *flashing* a message that 'Postion using device's location service' - how do i get this to stop?

also, why is it that i cannot record video - unless i hit video in 'timer' mode

help?

otto
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: note 2 + xgps160 + allow mock location --- flashing mess

Post by Harry »

Please forget about any GPS tweaks and helper apps in Android. LapTimer accesses the XGPS directly and does not need any help. To connect the XGPS, pair it first. Next, start LapTimer, select Sensor List, and press the +BT button in the top right. Select the paired XGPS and qualify it as a GPS device. That's a one time action.

To record video on top of all other recordings, press the Video button and start driving. LapTimer will add video if you have the Video View active.

Harry
Image Image Image Image