Dual XGPS150 "not available" with Android Samsung Tab 3

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
cmanquat
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Dual XGPS150 "not available" with Android Samsung Tab 3

Post by cmanquat »

Hello Harry,

I done a test drive today on the road by using GPS screen (current) with XGPS and ODB sensors connected.
HLT has stopped several times or the screen has frozen. So I needed a restart of the tablet several times.
After the first stop of HLT, my XGPS was out of order (as described before). So, I don't want to use this sensor anymore.

Using internal Samsung GPS and ODB kiwi bluetooh sensor seems to be more reliable (even if HLT GPS screen has frozen sometimes). But internal 1Hz GPS is not precise enough for trackdays.
So, do I need to buy another GPS Bluetooth sensor and which one ?

Christophe
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I plan to release v18 (both Rookie and Petrolhead) within March. Besides the additional features introduced, this version has received massive performance tuning and reduced resource requirements. In terms of processing power, the Tab 3 is a little limited, so adding a 5 Hz GPS and 5 to 10 Hz OBD sensor at the same time might be the reason for the overload. The XGPS150 initialization has received a rework too in v18, so please just try again once it gets available. The internal GPS is usually good enough for reasonable timing accuracy. So it should be fine for 1 or 2 weeks ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cmanquat
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cmanquat »

Ok Harry, I'm waiting for the v18.
And if you need à beta tester, feel free ;-)