Bad Elf 2200 GPS Pro

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
Shuasha
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Bad Elf 2200 GPS Pro

Post by Shuasha »

Will this work with Harry's Laptimer effectively? I know the other Bad Elf products don't work due to the lack of API, do the bluetooth based ones have the same limitation?

I looked at the Dual X160, but it has horrible reviews in the USA.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bad Elf 2200 GPS Pro

Post by Harry »

Same issues with this BadElf, not recommended. Please check the XGPS160 thread here on the forum, that adds some insights.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I've just posted a 5 star review of the XGPS160 on Amazon US. When there aren't many reviews, you have to treat all of them as somewhat suspect.
Dreadlezz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Dreadlezz »

Just wondering if the Bad Elf Pro GPS is still not supported. The reason I'm asking is that LapTimer is listed as a supported application.

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

LapTimer supports any GPS that feeds location information into iOS's location service. So they are right in terms of compatibility = "works with". However, it is not LapTimer supported - which means besides the higher update rate, additional timing accuracy and extra information like satellites is not available. This is the reason it is not recommended and other options should be preferred from a LapTimer perspective.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Dreadlezz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Dreadlezz »

Thanks for the quick response and clarification Harry! Just placed an order for the Dual XGPS160.