Dual XGPS160

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
Dual GPS
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Dual XGPS160

Post by Dual GPS »

Dr_Pippin wrote:
tulloch wrote:Yes, it's Bluetooth only for iPhones or other mobiles. The USB connector is just for charging. However, I'm not sure about when connected to a PC via USB as I've never connected my 150 to a PC.
Thanks for the info.
I just checked with the engineers on this, and you are actually able to stream GPS data from the USB port on the XGPS160. (PCs will need a driver from STMicro available here.)
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

That's good to know. I may be getting one sooner than I thought as my 150 has died today. As it is less than a year old I guess I'll be finding out if the rumours about customer service are true or not.
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

Well I emailed customer support but got no reply to my email. However, that's because "Dual GPS" was on it in seconds by PM after I made the above post so there was no need for a reply to the email. The good news is my device is once more fully functional so the rumours about poor service are not true as far as I am concerned.
Dr_Pippin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dr_Pippin »

tulloch wrote:Well I emailed customer support but got no reply to my email. However, that's because "Dual GPS" was on it in seconds by PM after I made the above post so there was no need for a reply to the email. The good news is my device is once more fully functional so the rumours about poor service are not true as far as I am concerned.
Wow, that's great to hear.
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

Ordered the 160 today. I'll be putting the 150 on Ebay.
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

Got my 160 today but so far have been unable to get a fix after more than 30 minutes. I've even stuck it to the office window to no avail. The iPhone gets a fix even when not close to the window, not a great signal but a fix nevertheless.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please check Sensor List if the XGPS is "Available" or "Connected". In case it is "Available", you suffer from the flaw named here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1628
NB: Early tests with iOS7 show a minor flaw I will fix with Dual soon: the XGP160 needs to be turned on and connected when LapTimer is started / restarted. In case you have issues getting LapTimer and the XGPS160 connected, please just exit LapTimer, make sure the XGPS160 is connected to the iPhone, and start LapTimer again. This problem does not occur in an iOS7 / XGPS150 combination.
Dual is working on a firmware update already.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

It's connected and giving a battery reading. It's just that the device will not obtain a fix, green light keeps flashing. As the phone has a fix then the Dual should be able to get one.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Any external GPS will take longer to get a fix because it is not "Assisted" like the internal ones are. This should not take longer than a minute however - for me (in my office) the XGPS160 locked very fast. I'd suggest to get back to their support.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

I will do, that or the Amazon seller.