Dual XGPS160

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
Rekubot
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Dual XGPS160

Post by Rekubot »

Harry wrote:
Rekubot wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there an iOS-compatible API available for the Dual XGPS line of products? Google searching has turned up nothing, just thought I'd ask here. I'd be interested in accessing the extra satellite information that the SkyPro/Status Tool apps have access to.
Please contact Dual on this. They have a partner program but it requires a NDA.

- Harry
cschacker
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Dual XGPS160

Post by cschacker »

Hi, can you recommend a Ram mount for this device? I plan to mount it on the tail of my motorcycle and will drill a hole through the plastic to secure a firm mounting base, but I need the right mount to secure it to the XGPS itself. Also, I currently have the Rookie version; do I need to upgrade to use an external GPS?

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

cschacker wrote:Hi, can you recommend a Ram mount for this device? I plan to mount it on the tail of my motorcycle and will drill a hole through the plastic to secure a firm mounting base, but I need the right mount to secure it to the XGPS itself. Also, I currently have the Rookie version; do I need to upgrade to use an external GPS?

Thanks!
No upgrade required here, the XGPS160 is fully supported for all editions.

I have no pointer on a mount... What about cutting the rubber base so it is mainly the part covering the mouse itself and fix it to the tail?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cschacker
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cschacker »

Thanks! I will try this and post the results.
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by EvolutionX »

I got mine yesterday. It seems to update at 10hz. I am getting between 6 and 9 feet accuracy according to the HLT screen.

I am having a heck of a time getting it to pair up. I pretty much have to reset the phone each time. It's connecting to bluetooth no problem but the HLT app screen keeps showing iphone. I read through all the posts here. Any ideas? I have the iPhone 6s Plus.

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Send LapTimer to background and pull it forward again. This will restart sensor connection attempts.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by EvolutionX »

I'll try that again. I am pretty sure I tried all the different combos. Thank you
PiotrMKG
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by PiotrMKG »

Hi,

Is there any instruction for updating firmware in this unit? Since I probbably killed my XGPS160 that I recieved 3 hours ago. Everything worked fine until I klicked check for updates, and it started updating firmware to 1.3.5, after which my unit stopped to "see" any satellites, GPS led is blinking constantly for over an hour now. In SkyPro app connecting device is saying not connected where before update it stated XGPS160-xxxxB, but battery percentage and firmware version is displayed, rest of fields are empty. I tried to restart device several times now, I reinstaled app, hard robooted iPhone, tried to connect to iPad same results Bluetooth connects but that is it, apps see and connect to xgps160 but it cannot acquire gps signal from satellites. Any suggestions what to do now?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I'd contact Dual support.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
bazza_c
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by bazza_c »

IS there any way to force the lap timer to search only for bluetooth GPS and ignore built in GPS? I am using LGG4 android with an XGPS160. Now this is by far the best bluetooth GPS, but it is so annoying that as soon as you switch lap timer into the background, or if the screensaver kicks in, it seems to lose the bluetooth GPS connection and revert to built in GPS. Can i configure the software to stop this in any way?
Am i better using lap timer on a non gps tablet instead? If so..which one can you recommend?