New user - GPS question

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
Pseudo Nim
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

New user - GPS question

Post by Pseudo Nim »

Hi all,

So I am a new user of the Laptimer - I tried an older cracked version some time ago (hey, I'm being honest) and since it was at the end of the track season, I cheaped out and didn't buy it - and because I was kind of floored with how good it was, and how much work went into it, I now went and bought the Grand Prix version for the new season, woohoo!

So now it's time to kit it out with sensors. I read through the threads, and I am trying to figure out what GPS to use. I have no fear of the command prompt, and my iPhone 5 is obv jailbroken. I know jailbroken phones are not supported, but what has people's experience been - should I be looking at getting the Dual XGPS150, or is there some other Chinese device which needs some trickery but works better, or is there another GPS that is even more recommended? My iPhone would not be hardmounted in the car, as some clubs disallow obvious timing devices, so it would have to be wireless, and I guess at least 5Hz (or is this the most that is realistically useful, anyway?)

Thanks!

-pN