Dual XGPS will not turn on.

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Dual XGPS will not turn on.

Post by hms »

One thing I noticed, if you have the Xgps connected by bluetooth to one phone, disconnect that phone, XGPS will not connect to another bluetooth connection, as it seems to retain the first connection.
The way I have found is to turn off the phone with the original connection until the connection is made to the new phone. Once you have the XGPS up and running you can then turn the phone back on.
Only experienced this on one day where two of us were out in the same car, sharing my XGPS, so your mileage may vary.

Quote Harry
"Yes, forums are in general places you go if you have a problem, not to solve other's problems. I'm quite happy with this forum on the other hand, as people have a high product affinity and offer a lot of help. Thanks!"
Unquote Harry

Harry, the product affinity is down to your high level of customer service, almost instant at times!
Oh, and to the fact that HLT is a bloody good product!

h
Black S Special goes by the name of Lexie.
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

hms wrote:Harry, the product affinity is down to your high level of customer service, almost instant at times!
Oh, and to the fact that HLT is a bloody good product!
Image Image Image Image
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

Not to be offensive or anything, but I suggest a new thread for that Bluetooth conflict thing, to keep the forum organized. This way, a user experiencing either problem can easily find the corresponding thread, read it without having to filter much uninteresting (for him) information, and hopefully find the solution at some point. ;-)
Now you're cookin'!
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

On Sunday evening, my XGPS150E appeared to have run out of battery. Lights were off, no reaction to pressing the button. So I connected it to my iPhone power supply, but it just fell back to indicating charge, but not reacting to the button. Bummer.

I've just talked to someone from the shop I bought it from. He thinks my device is just defective, and will send out another one while I will return the one I have.

I haven't heard of Dual, but in case they do reply, I'll put their answer on here for anyone else who might encounter the same issue.
Now you're cookin'!
outofbed
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by outofbed »

Hi!

My problem is, that the dual xgps connects to my Iphone5s without any problem. But Laptimer Grand Prix edition doesnt want to switch to the extern gps. its always the Iphone gps selected:(

What can I do?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

1) Verify the XGPS150 is paired (iOS ‣ Settings ‣ Bluetooth)
2) In case you run iOS 7.1 or 7.1.1, update to 7.1.2 which fixes a number of Bluetooth problems
2) Make sure you have the XGPS's micro switch set to "Apple" (it is to the right of the USB plug)
3) Start LapTimer and check if you have not turned off accessory use (LapTimer ‣ Setting ‣ Expert Settings ‣ Accessory Tweaks ‣ Use Accessories ‣ ON)
4) Switch to LapTimer's Sensor list and turn on the XGPS150 - it should get connected after a few seconds

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
outofbed
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by outofbed »

thanks! that works for me!
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by llan981 »

I bought a Dual 160 and before I went to the track, charged it, checked its functionality in HLT. A couple weeks later went to track, put it on a mnx charge and at the track the 160 would not turn on and only showed dim lights on the unit. Called Dual support and we worked on various options for 20 minutes. Bottom line, I returned it to Amazon as it was still within return period and got a 2nd one sent to me. What I learned: A great way to check your DUAL equipment is download the DUAL Iphone APP. With the app you can check the battery charge and various other attributes. I have a track event tomorrow at Summit Point, WV and keeping my fingers crossed.