Dual XGPS will not turn on.

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
fargorunner
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Dual XGPS will not turn on.

Post by fargorunner »

I have purchased a new Dual XGPS 150. I charged it for about four hours. It had a constant red indicator light. When I took it off the charger to use it. I pressed and held the "on" icon (not really a button) as the instructions indicated. No change, just a steady red light. I have tried every variation of pressure, location and length of "hold" and no change from the red indicator light. No blue, flashing or otherwise. My devices sense the GPS when I set them to bluetooth, but they can not hook on.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Joel
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dual XGPS will not turn on.

Post by Harry »

Hi Joel,

I'd suggest to contact Dual's support.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
fargorunner
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by fargorunner »

Thanks Harry.

I tried two days ago and have not heard from them, so I am trying here.

Thanks!

Joel
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

Joel,
can you feel the switch under your finger when you try to switch on? You should be able to feel the switch as you operate it.
Are you sure you are pressing in the right place?
h
Black S Special goes by the name of Lexie.
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM

NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

I just have received Axxera labeled Dual XGPS150E, and have the same problem. I certainly do press on the right spot, I sense the button.

I can't see the device via Bluetooth, but it does show up on a Windows machine here, as Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Make sure you have the small switch near the USB plug set to Apple. Make sure you have turned on BT on your iPhone, in case the Accera does not appear, turn off and on BT on your iPhone.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

I tried both settings, doesn't work.
Also, please note that the XGPS signals it's charging the battery - without being connected to a charger/computer. According to the manual, to turn it on, you hold the button for 3 seconds. Then the lights are supposed to flash. But they don't.

Also, while the USB-to-Serial shows up in Device Manager as COM5, the 5Hz updater can't find it. Even though it probes COM5.

I have already contacted Dual 5 Minutes ago, and also mentioned this thread. Maybe they have a solution, otherwise I'll just send it back to the shop I purchased it from, and ask for another one. It's still a few months until we actually need 5Hz GPS. ;-)
Now you're cookin'!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Ok, please let us know how the story finishes.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

Definetly. I hate all those threads on the web where there's either no answers at all or, even worse, some guy just wrote "it's working now, KTHXBYE" with no word on what the solution was. ;-)
Now you're cookin'!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, forums are in general places you go if you have a problem, not to solve other's problems. :-) I'm quite happy with this forum on the other hand, as people have a high product affinity and offer a lot of help. Thanks!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image