Dual XGPS150 Firmware

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
savowood
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Dual XGPS150 Firmware

Post by savowood »

Did Dual go out of business? I'm trying to download the firmware to update the unit I just bought off Amazon, but whenever I go to the site, I get 403 (permission) errors. That's for the firmwarenew.html link, the index, and even the regular www.

If anyone has the firmware I can upload from my Mac, I'd appreciate it greatly.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dual XGPS150 Firmware

Post by Harry »

Image Image Image Image
savowood
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by savowood »

Interesting. Even after the upgrade, it still shows 0.0Hz.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This means you have no GPS reception. Please go outside and try again. LapTimer measures the number of useable / valid updates per second, not any technical frequency. Please watch the GPS view in addition - the Signal gadget (top left) in particular. You should see a blinking point here - red means invalid input, while blue is valid input.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Neoraptor
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Neoraptor »

There is also a utility from dualxgps on the Apple Store to check if the signal is here or not and see the status from the GPS ;)

>> https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/bluetoo ... 61436?mt=8
savowood
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by savowood »

The site is working again, and I have the firmware updated. I used it last night on my flight to see our altitude and speed. I think there must have either been an error, or possibly a very heavy tailwind. It was showing over 600 mph SOG. The last time I checked, a 737 topped out about the mid-500 range.
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

Isn't there something about standard GPS only working properly up to a certain altitude/speed?
I never manage to get my MX5 offf the ground!

From Dual FAQ page

I’m a pilot. Can I use the GPS Receiver in the cockpit?
Yes. The GPS Receiver works with popular electronic flight bag apps including EFB, ForeFlight, and WingX Pro. If you are a commercial or corporate pilot, please contact customer support for some helpful tips on using the XGPS150 in aircraft with heated windshields and at high cruising altitudes.

H
Black S Special goes by the name of Lexie.
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM