No Video

All Optrix VideoPro related discussions
Steve croxton
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

No Video

Post by Steve croxton »

If I record a long video, I run out of memory and the video is lost. I race in two hour long races and have about 5.3 g of memory. I figured when the phone runs out of memory, it would just stop recording, but I loose everything except the lap timer. any suggestions?
Thanks
Steve
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No Video

Post by Harry »

Hi,

That will be fixed with the upcoming version 16.7 It comes with a reworked recording engine.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Steve croxton
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Steve croxton »

When will the new version be released? This app is useless to me until that happens. Next race is 2 weeks away, any suggestions? If I use the video (not the app) on my phone will it just stop recording when the memory is full?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Next version will stop video recording once a certain memory limit is reached. I cannot give an exact date for the release as I a) want to add some more improvements b) need to go through a full testing cycle and c) depend on Apple's approval process. I try my best but 2 weeks is pretty tight.

You may go for the current LapTimer Pro version (16.6.x) as it has all of that included already.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Steve croxton
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Steve croxton »

Harry
I've recorded several videos then deleted but my phone says videopro is using 4 gb of storage. Any thoughts ?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Open the "Videos" tab and check if you find videos with a red exclamation mark. These videos are not used / are not associated with any lap and can be deleted. Either delete them individually, or use the "Housekeeping" button.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Steve croxton
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Steve croxton »

No videos there, plus after I record the lap timer finished message will not go away. I would like to delete the app and reinstall it. Is that possible?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, certainly. Goto springboard, and long-press the LapTimer icon. Once it shakes, it will have a black cross attached in the top left. Press it to delete the app. To reinstall, just go through the AppStore purchase again. You will not be charged twice.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Doosman
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Doosman »

Hi Harry,

Glad I stumbled upon this forum. I seem to have the same problem with the Optrix Video Pro data. If I go into the app, my recording list is empty. However, when I go into settings on the iPhone, I can see under Usage, there there is 15.5 GB of data sitting there. I have been advised to delete the app and reinstall BUT I do not want to loose the data if at all possible.

Is there any way i can extract it from the phone?

Clint
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please check this link (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=679) for a tool named iExplorer - which will allow you to copy any video from VideoPro's Documents folder to your PC. Once you have saved your data, delete and reinstall the app, that's best.
Image Image Image Image