Picture in Picture Overlays

All Optrix VideoPro related discussions
porscheman56
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Picture in Picture Overlays

Post by porscheman56 »

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to import video from my gopro to your app to show the PIP feature. I have been so frustrated. The only youtube video I can find from you Harry is from 2013 and it does not work. I have an iphone X and upgraded from my old hero 3 to the hero 7 black edition. Can I please get some help with this?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picture in Picture Overlays

Post by Harry »

Although you considered the Video Documentation not helpful in some other posts, it is the document to answer this. See sections "Maintain Video Data" for some general information and "Transfer Footage from Action Cam to Smartphone" for instructions when using an action cam. For the iPhoneX there are basically 3 options in recommended order:

1) get a Lightning SD card reader and copy the video directly from the cam's SD card
2) use iTunes File Sharing and copy the video into LapTimer's sandbox
3) use iTunes Photo syncing and include videos

The last one is ugly to set up in case you sync your photos using iCloud.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
porscheman56
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by porscheman56 »

Thanks Harry, I will give it a go to see if I can get it to work. If I have any specific questions I will let you know. I appreciate you fast response! I was at the track this weekend.
porscheman56
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by porscheman56 »

Harry, would it better not to sync my photos to iCloud?
porscheman56
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by porscheman56 »

Sorry for all the questions. What if I wanted to use another iphone as the second device? I see that the multicam app is not longer available so is there a way to do that and not use the gopro?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

As long as you have enough space, you can sync photos as you like. This should not influence LapTimer operation.

Videos can be recorded using the standard cam app on any second phone. Footage recorded can be transferred to the primary smartphone just like action cam videos. Afterwards, it can be added to laps recorded and overlaid as master or picture in picture.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image