error when trying to add overlay

All Optrix VideoPro related discussions
dcginc
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by dcginc »

'Overlaying failed as either video or data recordings were missing or are corupted'

everything was working fine, I could do an overlay, but decided I wanted to change 'vehicle' to skier and created a new profile. thats when the trouble began. How can I export my videos to my iphone library now? thanks.
dcginc
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by dcginc »

'Overlaying failed as either video or data recordings were missing or are corupted'

everything was working fine, I could do an overlay, but decided I wanted to change 'vehicle' to skier and created a new profile. thats when the trouble began. How can I export my videos to my iphone library now? thanks.

also, then some of the videos show up in the 'recording list' now as 'NO (camera symbol) but before I tried to add a new profile, all the videos were fine, and viewed properly
dcginc
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

how to get videos from iphone to desktop

Post by dcginc »

right now i am getting the corrupted data message when trying to create overlays which, once that is done, automatically adds them to my library. how can i add videos to my library if i cannot make overlay work? thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: error when trying to add overlay

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Which version of VideoPro do you use? Data storage is different in 14.5 and 16.7, so the answer needs to be too.
The "NO VIDEO" messages appear when the video the recording has been linked to vanishes. In version 14.5 this usually happened during iTunes synchronization - when videos were moved from the iPhone to the desktop.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
fgj111
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by fgj111 »

hello

im just tested the android petrol head edition with video recording - but video overlay doesn't match the video with the data (speed, gravaty and time)
the only i saw is the raw video without the data
did I everything wrong?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nanahomn2f8hy ... -19-12.jpg
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I assume you did not go through the overlay process but have changed the video's overlay type in Video Details? This is a common confusion for the Android version currently. To get an overlaid video, LapTimer needs to post process the raw video recorded. This process is started from Lap List / Lap Details and not Video List / Video Details. Video Details has a row to override the current overlay status - it is meant for maintenance only and will not add an overlay. Instead, please select the lap you want to overlay from Lap List and press the "Overlay" button. In your snapshot, the Overlay button is not shown as the video's status has been changed to Overlaid accidentally. So please revert your change in Video Details first (set back to Raw) and return to Lap Details afterwards. Now, press the Overlay button, configure the features, and run she lengthy process.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
foesrider
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by foesrider »

I'm trying to overlay a video and I keep getting the error message "overlaying failed as either video or data were missing or corrupted". I haven't changed anything. I just started using the video pro app for my iPhone 5. Any help?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

foesrider wrote:I'm trying to overlay a video and I keep getting the error message "overlaying failed as either video or data were missing or corrupted". I haven't changed anything. I just started using the video pro app for my iPhone 5. Any help?
Please check the following items:
- Does the video show up in the Recordings List?
- Is enough memory available? VideoPro requires approximately twice the space of the original video during overlay.
- Depending on our iOS version, the iOS media server may have grown beyond its usual size. Reboot the phone to work around.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
foesrider
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by foesrider »

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes the video shows up in the recordings list. I was able, thanks to this forum, transfer the raw video to my iPhone5 but I couldn't overlay it. I have plenty of memory available. Even a small 4 sec. test video won't overlay and no error message about memory comes up just the error message about a corrupt video/ data.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please check if you have allowed VideoPro to access your photo library iOS -> Privacy -> Photos. Furthermore, have you tried to reboot the phone?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image