Win 10 support for the few of us that exist?

A number of ways you can support LapTimer development
Elw00t
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Win 10 support for the few of us that exist?

Post by Elw00t »

I know I'm in the minority, but I would love a Windows 10 app. That said, I do have skills and knowledge of app development so if you have no desire to make one your self, maybe we could discuss you sharing Data, APIs and Source and I could build one? Either way thank you.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Win 10 support for the few of us that exist?

Post by Harry »

Well, the Android port of the iOS source code took me more the one year of full time work. And this is with all the knowledge I have compared to someone who needs to learn the structure first. LapTimer consists of 50% platform independent C++ code plus 50% platform code (Java for Android and Objective-C for iOS). Talking about 344000 LOCs currently. And a lot of the code is not the usual stuff you find in an average app - LapTimer is integrating dozens of sensors and doing media processing etc...

I do not want to discourage something like this, but even a stripped version would require at least one year of work. So you'd need a serious business case and a lot of investment. And I'm not sure there is something like a business case for Windows 10 in the mobile space. ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
deja100
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by deja100 »

The whole point may become Moot if Windows 11 lives up to the hype with it's new Android emulator layer. I imagine it will be only average on the first release and refined over time, but ultimately it will depend on how much $$$ Microsoft decides to put into it.
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by PitrsRS »

deja100 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:37 am The whole point may become Moot if Windows 11 lives up to the hype with it's new Android emulator layer. I imagine it will be only average on the first release and refined over time, but ultimately it will depend on how much $$$ Microsoft decides to put into it.
You can use RaceRender app for Win platform. This app fully supports files from Harry´s LapTimer
2016 SEAT Leon CUPRA 290 ST

HLT Grand Prix (Android) + OBDLink LX BT + XGPS160 + GoPro 11 Black + GoPro 7 Black