Missing French Translations

A number of ways you can support LapTimer development
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Missing French Translations

Post by Harry »

Dear friends of LapTimer,

Although LapTimer is localized to French, each release adds and changes phrases that need to be added / modified. In case you are a native speaker and want to help, that is highly appreciated. I'm currently preparing the LapTimer v18 release with beta testing already ongoing.

The phrases listed in the attached files are missing currently. Localization is done by editing the files using either Notepad+ on Windows or TextWrangler on MacOSX. Both tools are free tools. But before you start, please raise your hand so we do not get double work. I will provide you with the complete set of existing translations so you can copy where possible and verify the same thing is translates the same way in each case.

Short remark on the translation requirements:

French.strings: The left side strings simply need their French counter parts added to the right. Any meta information like "%u" in "%u minute, %hu.%02hu seconds" is replaced at runtime (by a number or string), so please leave this items unchanged.

AlertRessourcesLocalized.xrd.missing: The alert definitions require a translation of the text between <MESSAGE> and </MESSAGE> and button <TEXT> and </TEXT> only. Please leave the rest unchanged. Again, the "^1" etc items are meta information that needs to stay unchanged.

Thanks for your support,
Harry

P.S. You will receive a LapTimer T-shirt as a "thank you" :-)
Attachments
French.zip
(8.47 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
Image Image Image Image
benybendebou
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Missing French Translations

Post by benybendebou »

You have one French volunteer here ;-)

Let me know if you still need help before I start doing it.
If Money does not make you happy, buy a sport car

Mazda RX-8 Brillant Black 2004 Perf Pack - NoCat/CatBack Toyosport - EBC Yellow - Coilover D2 Street - 231hp
Suzuki GSX 1340 B-King - Laser Xtrem 4 - 190hp
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Missing French Translations

Post by Harry »

I just got the French version completed jointly with MICHELIN. But thanks for offering - I will come back some day! :-)
Image Image Image Image