Sneak Preview v14

All announcements that are outdated are moved here.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sneak Preview v14

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Here are the latest and greatest views from version 14.0 (which will require a lot more time):

Image Image Image Image

From left to right and top to bottom: enhanced Lap Details with direct access to lap by lap comparison; default is to compare all laps from lap's track and lap's vehicle, sector times are shown, the last lap is the virtual fastest (made up from fastest sector times); pressing the tool brings up a filter dialog, we select sector #3 and the lap's season (2007); we get the sector 3 times for all laps in 2007.

Let me know what you think, that is the first step for lap to lap comparison.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
TomMurray
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Sneak Preview v14

Post by TomMurray »

That's looking great Harry. This will be a really good feature, especially for seeing in graph format how you were running in a race, and which sectors were making a difference.

Is there any scope to be able to compare more than two laps in the diagram function too? That way you can analyse where a single corner may have given you an extra tenth over the others etc etc.

Any more info about v14 at all?
random1
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by random1 »

Thanks for the preview Harry.

I would find this very useful and would be able to compare a set of autocross runs real time on site. With the current version I was only able to compare two runs at a time in whole and to compare segments I was doing screen shots and comparing them on my desktop computer.

Consider extending this view by allowing selection any recorded parameter (speed, Gs, throttle position) for comparison in this manner. I would need to see it, but showing the average and/or peak value for a given parameter for each segment may be useful.
Rob Rockefeller
2003 Honda S2000
SCCA Solo - STR
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sneak Preview v14 #2

Post by Harry »

Hi again,

Here is another - smaller - features added in v14.0. The next two views shows the mostly ignored setting for label positioning of points of interest. The setting is used to place the label relative to the exact GPS coordinate and not make it overlap with the lap's plot.

Image Image

My theory is that most track developers work with the Map view to check their creation. And this Map view did not show the label positioning so far. Version 14.0 will unify the track drawings for the Map view and the Data Recording view, the result looks like this:

Image Image Image

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
xmatt
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by xmatt »

Brand new user here. Just getting acquainted with the app, but these additional features already look excellent. Keep it up!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hello everybody,

Received a Dual XGPS150 device today. It looks pretty neat and is well equipped. Like the Bad Elf, it has a GPS capable of delivering more than 1 Hz. Again, as the Bad Elf, this feature is not yet enabled... :( Comparing the XGPS150 with the GNS 8750, is offers direct access to its NMEA stream. This means you will benefit from extra timing accuracy and the satellites view:

Image Image Image

Recommendation from my side, direct access is supported starting v14.0. Standard operation is available immediately.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Harry wrote:Hello everybody,

Received a Dual XGPS150 device today. It looks pretty neat and is well equipped. Like the Bad Elf, it has a GPS capable of delivering more than 1 Hz...
How much more than 1Hz? 10Hz like the bad elf (if they finally release their API) ?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I need to ask the Dual people. It is a 65-channel SkyTraq GPS chipset. There are several models, everything between 1 and 10. It will be either 5 or 10 I guess. Please note that the Dual XGPS 150 is not yet available in Europe.

- Harald
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sneak Preview v14 #3 - Autocross

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I received quite some requests on supporting autocross. One thing that will be added are 'standing start triggers' you need to 'charge' when you are nearby and trigger lapping once you start accelerating. The other thing I will support is a assistant concept for several standard tasks - like setting a autocross course. This is how it will look like - let me know what you think!

Image Image Image Image Image

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Looks pretty neat to me, good work Harry!