LapTimer (Standard, Pro, Trainer) v14.4 submitted

All announcements that are outdated are moved here.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LapTimer (Standard, Pro, Trainer) v14.4 submitted

Post by Harry »

Sorry my friends. Apple is not really supportive with the TomTom topic. I've got my submission 2 times rejected already, they even have problems with snapshot showing the TomTom string... TomTom on the other hand needs weeks over weeks to decide... I've submitted a new version yesterday.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
foursevens
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by foursevens »

I had some issues with the current version at the track - I recorded one session - the other ones would just crash (iph 4s) and I lost the whole session because it's not easy to get it running again while on the racetrack. also for some reason the emprium device didn't work - it used the built in gps and had very poor resolution. In the paddocks it worked fine. I was pretty frustrated with this after investing so much to get this to work.

I hope future versions are more stable. I'm going to run a 14 hour enduro race February 11-12 and am looking forward to analysis in the paddocks. We should be able to tell whoever is racing how he is doing in the straights and corners :)

-D
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi foursevens,

Sorry to hear. I'll send you a note in parallel to track this issue down. Version 14.3 has bugs like every software but should not be considered in-stable. There is probably a special configuration or corruption generating this problem.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Harry wrote:Sorry my friends. Apple is not really supportive with the TomTom topic. I've got my submission 2 times rejected already, they even have problems with snapshots showing the TomTom string... TomTom on the other hand needs weeks over weeks to decide... I've submitted a new version yesterday.

- Harry
Hi again,

I just release 14.4 to AppStore, all the Trainer, Standard, and Professional versions will be available in a few minutes.
Direct access to the TomTom car kit is disabled in 14.4. NMEA access will probably reenabled in 15.0 - but, given the problems I had here, I'm not sure.
The TomTom car kit will deliver its signal through Apple's location service. It will show up as 'Internal GPS'.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
csmarx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by csmarx »

Harry,

Are you saying that although 14.4 doesn't support direct connection to the TomTom Car Kit, one can still run LapTimer with the TomTom and benefit from it? I.e. the TomTom will supply it's GPS data to the iPhone, which will in turn supply it to LapTimer? Is there any reason this will be less accurate than with direct support?

Thanks,
-Christian
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

csmarx wrote:Are you saying that although 14.4 doesn't support direct connection to the TomTom Car Kit, one can still run LapTimer with the TomTom and benefit from it? I.e. the TomTom will supply it's GPS data to the iPhone, which will in turn supply it to LapTimer? Is there any reason this will be less accurate than with direct support?
Yes, exactly, here are the effective differences:
  1. The satellite view will not work any more.
  2. On iOS versions prior to 4.0 you do not get realtime GPS timestamps, which will degrade timing accuracy.
  3. The TomTom will not show up as connected in the Sensor List. Instead, it is reported as 'iPhone GPS'.
  4. The known problem with speed filtering in iOS needs to be worked around by setting LapTimer's Expert Setting 'GPS Tweaks/Speed' to 'Calculated'.
Everything else still works fine with the TomTom.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image