Know Problems for LapTimer v17.0

All announcements that are outdated are moved here.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Know Problems for LapTimer v17.0

Post by Harry »

Dear friends of LapTimer,

Like for every major release, I have created this thread to collect known problems, workarounds, and fixes.

Users who purchased LapTimer Standard initially and upgraded to Pro (or Petrolhead) later, do not have the following views available as expected: Online, Satellites, Timer, Speedo. Added functionality for Analytics, and Video work as expected. Workaround: no workaround available. Fixed in 17.0.1

Transfer of laps between two iOS devices using Send / Receive finishes with an error message. Workaround: export lap data to mail using .hlptrl format and send the mail to any account readable on the seconds device. Long press the attachment to import it into the receiving LapTimer instance. Fixed in 17.0.2

The data analytics "Map" view is reduced to approximately one third of the screen (both iPhones and iPads). It seems this bug has been introduced with one of the late iOS updates. Workaround: no workaround available. Fixed in 17.0.2

LapTimer crashes in Video Overlay Configuration (or when starting the overlay process). This is due to bugs introduce in the German, Spanish, French, Japanese localizations. The severeness depends on the language. For German, issues are around Intro / Extro settings only. All other named languages crash regularly. Workaround: you need to switch you complete iPhone to English; I'm aware this is a tough one, but it is the only thing you can do currently. Fixed in 17.0.2

Downloads of MultiCam videos to LapTimer Grand Prix using iCloud is flaky, download status is not updated. This problems leads to long waiting times, several cases have been reported the video did not arrive at all. Workaround: transfer the MultiCam video to the Photo library, synchronize the MultiCam device using iTunes (video will be transferred to the desktop), synchronize your Master device with iTunes (video will be stored to the Master device's Photo Library). LapTimer Grand Prix will use videos transferred like this automatically. Fixed in 17.0.2

Image selections for vehicle does not work for iPads. This bug most probably existed for a long time already. Workaround: no workaround. Fixed in 17.0.3

Diesel / Otto engine detection from OBD reports wrong results Diesel engines are detected as Otto (Gasoline) and vice versa. As this settings is for information only, this is more of a cosmetic issue. Workaround: no workaround. Fixed in 17.0.3

LapTimer crashes when exporting very long laps. We have seen this for a lap made up from more than 6000 fix positions. Workaround: no workaround. Fixed in 17.0.3

For version 17.0.4 currently available, no critical bugs are known. In case LapTimer crashes during overlay, this is most probably due to main memory shortage. In cases like this, I'd suggest to reboot the phone to make sure all background apps are removed.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Know Problems for LapTimer v17.0

Post by Harry »

Image Image Image Image
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

Looking forward to the update. Keep up the good work Harry.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Update 17.0.2 is available for Petrolhead and Grand Prix. This version fixes all known problems. Version 17.0.1 for Rookie is still pending (which is a bit funny as it was supposed to be a "hot fix"). I will submit 17.0.2 for Rookie as soon as 17.0.1 got approved.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Rookie 17.0.1 is online now, fixing the missing view problem. Please note the other bugs will be fixed with 17.0.2 - which I have submitted a minute ago. As upgraded Rookie editions (Petrolhead Upgrade and Grand Prix Upgrade) are still based on Rookie, upgraded Petrolhead and Grand Prix apps still suffer from the named issues.

Apps originally purchased as Petrolhead or Grand Prix (now 17.0.2) show no known bugs currently.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

LapTimer Rookie 17.0.2 will be available in a few minutes.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Bugfix release 17.0.3 has been submitted to Apple last Saturday. It includes the following changes:

Code: Select all

UPDATE VERSION 17.0.3
	Some fixes to English, French and German localizations
	Fixed vehicle image association on iPads
	Some export improvement: crash for very "long" laps fixed, improved VBO format
	GPS View optimization: for historic values, slope and approach are hidden
	Fixed mis-detection of Otto / Diesel engines from OBD
	Performance improvements for start up and resume
	Improved iCloud status message
	Improved OBD compatibility for BMWs, added PID exclusion to Expert Settings (workaround Lotus)
	Several intermittent bugs fixed
- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Ray_S
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Ray_S »

I experience crashes while exporting laps from iPhone 4S to iPad2.
iOS latest release version, HLT Version 17.0.3. used.

I don't consider the laps extensive or long as mentioned above.

(42 laps @ Anneau du Rhin)

It works for individual laps, but crashes if I want to export the entire day with all 42 laps as a batch.

At the same time, the crash creates 2 new "invalid" laps on the iPhone, one with 0 sec, one with 42 sec duration which I then have to delete manually...strange...
------------------------------
Porsche 996 turbo Cab
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Strange... In case you want, please send either your databases so I can reproduce the issue (see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=679), or a crash log (see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1115). Thanks!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image