PUSH SmartGauge

All announcements that are outdated are moved here.
holzheia
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: PUSH SmartGauge

Postby holzheia » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:13 am

I found the html javascript tool in this post at http://gallenitr.com/PUSHconvert.html really good.

Some of the push files however create a utc number (field 3 of data type 49 entries) with 7 digits instead of 8. This number is used to convert to hh:mm:ss and then with 2 decimal places for fractions of a second. If the utc number is only 7 digits including the decimal places then the time zone conversion fails and a gpx file isn't created. It appears to deduct 10 from the hh component, so it fails on a single digit number.

I got around this by running a powershell script to add 10000.00 to every entry this data field, and modifying the date header in the CDF file to reflect the correct time.

This is clunky I know but I'm no javascript coder so it'll have to do for now. At least it creates gpx files that I can import into LapTimer and use.

If you have any push files you want converted let me know and I'll be happy to help. I know how frustrating it is having a new tool and not be able to use it. The device itself seems pretty good so it's a shame they're not continuing with it.

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Harry » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:02 am

It would be great to have the script fixed instead of running a post processing on the post processing ;-) @sakkakth can you please ask your technical guy to add the missing zero? Should be easy to do.

- Harry

Image Image Image Image
holzheia
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Postby holzheia » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:51 pm

I have modified the original javascript that was at http://gallenite.com/PUSHconvert.html so that it can handle single digit values for hh in the utc data field. Feel free to try it out at http://ridalyze.com. I have acknowledged the original source of the code and trust that's the right protocol?

sakkakth
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Postby sakkakth » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:19 pm

Will do!

sakkakth
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Postby sakkakth » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:28 pm

holzheia wrote:I found the html javascript tool in this post at http://gallenitr.com/PUSHconvert.html really good.

Some of the push files however create a utc number (field 3 of data type 49 entries) with 7 digits instead of 8. This number is used to convert to hh:mm:ss and then with 2 decimal places for fractions of a second. If the utc number is only 7 digits including the decimal places then the time zone conversion fails and a gpx file isn't created. It appears to deduct 10 from the hh component, so it fails on a single digit number.

I got around this by running a powershell script to add 10000.00 to every entry this data field, and modifying the date header in the CDF file to reflect the correct time.

This is clunky I know but I'm no javascript coder so it'll have to do for now. At least it creates gpx files that I can import into LapTimer and use.

If you have any push files you want converted let me know and I'll be happy to help. I know how frustrating it is having a new tool and not be able to use it. The device itself seems pretty good so it's a shame they're not continuing with it.

Can you provide a copy of a CDF that isn't working with the webpage? :)

holzheia
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Postby holzheia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:08 am

If anyone has a push Smartgauge that they no longer want, then I'll buy it. Just get in touch through the forum or email data@ridalyze.com.

sakkakth
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Postby sakkakth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:41 pm

Can i get a cdf plz with the different numbers than my creates?

Return to “Outdated”