Post Your Track Toy Here

Introductions and general exchange between LapTimer users; use this forum in case you want to offer LapTimer related accessories too
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Post Your Track Toy Here

Post by bulls23 »

jarobs wrote:I've been mostly on Spa and Bilster Berg, also tried a few others but they were boring in this car.]
Your car has "take me to the Nordschleife" written all over it ;)
jarobs
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by jarobs »

bulls23 wrote:
jarobs wrote:I've been mostly on Spa and Bilster Berg, also tried a few others but they were boring in this car.]
Your car has "take me to the Nordschleife" written all over it ;)
To be honest, I drove the Nordschleife once with a different car and the absence of runoff was quite scary. I am not a good enough driver to go on the ring but you can memorize normal GT tracks in a morning and have fun in the afternoon. ;)
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

jarobs wrote:To be honest, I drove the Nordschleife once with a different car and the absence of runoff was quite scary. I am not a good enough driver to go on the ring but you can memorize normal GT tracks in a morning and have fun in the afternoon. ;)
But it solves your "boredom" problem [emoji6]
edbanger
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by edbanger »

We're a group of 3 friends/colleagues who're quite obsessed by cars.
We all drive some kind of enthousiast car within our budget when weather permits (I drive a Honda S2000, the others a Fiesta ST and a BMW Z4) and had been talking about doing trackdays for a long time. However, we decided this would be too risky for our cars and we didn't have the budget to do it properly.

So instead, we all bought a simrig:

Great fun, but it still isn't the real thing, so we started setting some money aside to hopefully be able to do some low-risk, low-budget track driving.

Everything went a bit faster then expected, and in 2 days, we'll be going to our first trackday:

It's a stripped and caged 1999 Ford Puma 1.7 with a stock engine, but upgraded suspension and brakes.

Only thing left to do is hard-wire the two USB-ports to charge the phone and Gopro for HLT ;)
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

jarobs,

There are modern racing sims that have the Nordschleiffe, Forza Motorsports 5, for example.
jarobs
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by jarobs »

edbanger wrote:
Everything went a bit faster then expected, and in 2 days, we'll be going to our first trackday:

It's a stripped and caged 1999 Ford Puma 1.7 with a stock engine, but upgraded suspension and brakes.
OMG, I absolutely love it! Please post full report on your trip here.
What has lead to the steel wheels in the front, alu rims in the back?
edbanger
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by edbanger »

jarobs wrote:
edbanger wrote:

OMG, I absolutely love it! Please post full report on your trip here.
What has lead to the steel wheels in the front, alu rims in the back?
Not much to post, we went, needed a jump start and then were able to do 96 laps without any problem. We got to know the car and the track, had a blast and stayed well within our, and the car's limits.

First laptimer video can be found here:
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=FiKmo6_EQ-o[/youtube]

The steelies on the front are there because we have a set of slicks on steelies and a set of semis on the alloys. However, we have quite a narrow trailer, and with the wider track at the front axle, the car doesn't fit on the trailer with the alloys on there. (The ET-value of the alloys mean the track becomes 4cm wider overall.)
wdonovan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by wdonovan »

Had a 996 C4 when I saw a Lotus on Top Gear. Said "Gotta get one and drive for 2 years then sell it before it falls apart." Got the Elise, kept for 5 years then semi-retired it for the Cayman S. Both are track and street toys. New Jersey won't let me drive a Formula Ford to work so the Lotus is here to stay. Oh and I only go to NJMP, Lightning and T'bolt.
Attachments
Cayman 12-sm.jpg
Cayman 12-sm.jpg (148.72 KiB) Viewed 10947 times
Lotus 12 on Lightning-sm.jpg
Lotus 12 on Lightning-sm.jpg (105.79 KiB) Viewed 10947 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I'll take the Cayman <3

- Harry