New set up for 991.1

Introductions and general exchange between LapTimer users; use this forum in case you want to offer LapTimer related accessories too
Aic9199
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

New set up for 991.1

Post by Aic9199 »

Hi,

New to the board, as well as HLT! I will be taking my 911 to my first track experience in a few weeks, and would like to play around with a nice video and overlays. Could I get some opinions on the best set up for a 2014 991, iPhone 7, and GoPro Session 5?

I would like to monitor track position, G-force, throttle and brake.

Should I get an OBD2 sensor or just rely on HLT?

I assume the Petrolhead and GT versions allow for multiple cameras, and enable the GoPro to be overlay into the main iPhone video.

If I run an external mic to the GoPro, is it possible to only use the audio from GoPro, as opposed to the iPhone?

Thanks in advance!!!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New set up for 991.1

Post by Harry »

Hello,

LapTimer uses the smartphone's location service (GPS et al) and the internal acceleration sensors be default. In case you want to see engine information, an OBD adapter is required (see http://www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/ios).

The Session 5 is not working with LapTimer's remote controlling of cams. So instead of using the autostart and auto sync option, start and stop it manually in the pits. You can add this footage like shown in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjVb8nWCXI later. You can use either Petrolhead or GrandPrix for this.

LapTimer uses the audio channel of the master video for overlay. So in case you can add the mic to the GoPro and make that its audio track, it will be used by LapTimer in the overlaid video too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Aic9199
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: New set up for 991.1

Post by Aic9199 »

Thank you, Harry.