VBOX Sport

Introductions and general exchange between LapTimer users; use this forum in case you want to offer LapTimer related accessories too
hersoug
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

VBOX Sport

Post by hersoug »

I'm new to pretty much everything technical related to racing, but lately I have been considering buying a VBOX Sport. My primary motivation is to get instant feedback while driving, though, like a live delta between current lap and best lap. So with the VBOX Sport I would either need to buy an iPhone as well to use their own app, or buy Harry's LapTimer for my Android. I would very much prefer to stay with Android... So, does anybody here have experience with VBOX Sport and Harry's LapTimer?

I guess my main concerns are as follows:
1. Does the combo actually work well?
2. Is the delta sufficiently visible while driving? I may have to accomodate the phone a bit outside my primary focal point.
3. Are there any better/cheaper options than VBOX? (Bear in mind that I will just be a guest driver, and can't actually modify the car. Nor does it have the cigarette lighter plug available, so stuff needs to be simple and relying on battery power)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VBOX Sport

Post by Harry »

There is no need to get a VBOX to get predictive lap timing. LapTimer has that even with the internal sensor. For better accuracy, select any of the Android compatible GPSes: www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/android.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image