Share your video !

Introductions and general exchange between LapTimer users; use this forum in case you want to offer LapTimer related accessories too
GlnkNL
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Share your video !

Post by GlnkNL »

Your G force meter looks a little bit off with 0.6G of acceleration and only 0.6G of braking. I think that should be more like 0.2G of acceleration and 1.0G of braking.

Is there a way to fix this calibration?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Lap List -> Lap -> Recalculate -> Acceleration. I'd not recommend to do it in this case, as the measured values are well readable. Calculating acceleration from GPS is always a compromise.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
GlnkNL
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by GlnkNL »

I helped SKeijmel with this overlay. The overlay is rendered onto a clean blue screen on the Samsung Galaxy Note and then overlayed onto the GoPro video recording using Final Cut Pro X. The overlay from the Samsung phone seems to be a little bit glitchy. Renders from my own iPhone 5S are generally smoother. Is that due to the Android version being relatively new and not as optimized yet? To give an example, look at 1:41 in his video. There is a sudden countdown glitch in his overlay for only a tenth of a second.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I consider this a general challenge in Android. Video libraries and OS versions and hardware fragmentation does not allow optimization to a level Apple can achieve. Maybe it gets better once I add support for Android's video functions introduced in 4.3...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SKeijmel
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by SKeijmel »

Harry wrote:Great field of view - ultra wide angle :-)
almost but its just wide;)
Porsche Cayman R
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

GlnkNL wrote:Your G force meter looks a little bit off with 0.6G of acceleration and only 0.6G of braking. I think that should be more like 0.2G of acceleration and 1.0G of braking.

Is there a way to fix this calibration?
Likely the yaw angle calibration is off. Go to charts for the lap and look at the total G plot. It should have a relatively flat top that is parallel to the lateral acceleration axis. If it's tilted, and I'm betting that it is there are small buttons on the lower left that will rotate the plot. The center button should fix a major error and then you can tweak with the left and right buttons which rotate the plot in 2 degree steps. Recalculating the acceleration from GPS data is a last resort.
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by PitrsRS »

It´s not my video, but from my friend

VW Golf VII GTD

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM_unphQ0As[/youtube]
2016 SEAT Leon CUPRA 290 ST

HLT Grand Prix (Android) + OBDLink LX BT + XGPS160 + GoPro 11 Black + GoPro 7 Black
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Here's a Multicam video with the new timer view in action:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELK3-uTwZ2g[/youtube]
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Great video Alex and congrats to you new best! The digits are huge, aren't they? ;-) I thing the winning/losing indicator is still a bit too noisy, I will check if a smoothing is necessary or if I should simply make the "neutral" range a bit bigger... I assume this is a little too much indication to be helpful? Which GPS have you used, the 20 Hz VBOX or the internal GPS?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Harry wrote:Great video Alex and congrats to you new best! The digits are huge, aren't they? ;-) I thing the winning/losing indicator is still a bit too noisy, I will check if a smoothing is necessary or if I should simply make the "neutral" range a bit bigger... I assume this is a little too much indication to be helpful? Which GPS have you used, the 20 Hz VBOX or the internal GPS?

- Harry
VBOX Sport @20Hz. I guess it's the same noise you also get on the speed display...if GPS reception quality drops you also get spikes like >300kmh with the VBOX Sport.