Share your video !

Introductions and general exchange between LapTimer users; use this forum in case you want to offer LapTimer related accessories too
ambordokan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Share your video !

Post by ambordokan »

This is from my last race, it was interrupted on the last lap because of an accident (can be seen at the end of the video). I was overtaking for the podium when that happened, I'm sure I would make that stick on the last lap... oh well, there's always a next time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spBMFCuQo0o[/youtube]
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

@ambordikan, maybe you want to smooth acceleration a bit more? I love motorbike videos, they are so much more dynamic than car's ones are. :-)
Image Image Image Image
ambordokan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ambordokan »

Harry wrote:@ambordikan, maybe you want to smooth acceleration a bit more? I love motorbike videos, they are so much more dynamic than car's ones are. :-)
Harry,

I tried to smooth it, but I think something changed in this last version (.22, not .24, didn't try that yet) and the acceleration wouldn't be as smooth as the last video.

Also I remembered you saying you would, for a future version, try to make this smoothing process easier for the motorcycles. The ruler from Light to Strong won't change much until when I get very close to Strong, and when it gets there, it's very sensitive (I move my fat finger 1 mm and the graph changes a lot), very hard and trial and error process... I hope you can understand the behavior I'm trying to describe here.

I'll try to film my next race with two cameras, It will make for a even nicer video. Love this overlay feature, only hope we had a little bit more control on what is overlaid...

As always, keep up the awesome work and support, Harry!
there_
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by there_ »

GlnkNL wrote:Why do Americans always have the window down on trackdays? Is that a rule or something?
It is a rule for some clubs. The logic is that it's easier egress in case of an emergency (where most emergencies are not the rollover kind where a window net would be best), and possibly less broken glass around.
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

ambordokan wrote:
Harry wrote:@ambordikan, maybe you want to smooth acceleration a bit more? I love motorbike videos, they are so much more dynamic than car's ones are. :-)
Harry,

I tried to smooth it, but I think something changed in this last version (.22, not .24, didn't try that yet) and the acceleration wouldn't be as smooth as the last video.

Also I remembered you saying you would, for a future version, try to make this smoothing process easier for the motorcycles. The ruler from Light to Strong won't change much until when I get very close to Strong, and when it gets there, it's very sensitive (I move my fat finger 1 mm and the graph changes a lot), very hard and trial and error process... I hope you can understand the behavior I'm trying to describe here.

I'll try to film my next race with two cameras, It will make for a even nicer video. Love this overlay feature, only hope we had a little bit more control on what is overlaid...

As always, keep up the awesome work and support, Harry!
Nice video, but why didn't you set your bike as vehicle type "bike" so the g-meter would be replaced by the nice new lean angle meter?
ambordokan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ambordokan »

@bulls23 because I can't, for the life of me, make that work properly. The lean angle is always a bit (or a lot) off, so is visually disturbing, therefore I choose to disable it altogether...

Thanks for the compliment on the video, appreciated.
GlnkNL
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by GlnkNL »

Overlayed a video from my m8's Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The overlay is not as smooth as from my iPhone 5S and the accelerometer is slower on his phone but we're happy with the results:

Porsche Cayman R Circuit Park Zandvoort Hotlap

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4fnll9CSPQ[/youtube]

Porsche Cayman R Nurburgring GP Hotlap

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FMWpAB6LeM[/youtube]
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Great, thanks for posting!
Image Image Image Image
SKeijmel
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by SKeijmel »

Harry wrote:Great, thanks for posting!
Thanks for making this app for android harry ;) it really adds to my video's
Porsche Cayman R
GlnkNL
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by GlnkNL »

Tried to make a comparison. Resized and moved some stuff around. Sorry for cropping the Harrys Laptimer logo out, I needed all the space :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNnGexlTJNA[/youtube]
Last edited by GlnkNL on Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.