Share your video !

Introductions and general exchange between LapTimer users; use this forum in case you want to offer LapTimer related accessories too
karacticus
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Share your video !

Post by karacticus »

Feel free to put it up on your facebook page. I also put the picture of the install and a link to the video on GoPro's facebook wall. We'll see if anything comes of it.
///Magic
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ///Magic »

Hello!

I've been using this app for a few years and just realized it can control my GoPro 3 :) :)

In the first attempt I learned that the finish trigger did not stop the GoPro? (closing the video on HLT works though) Then I had to charge GoPro batteries and unplugging the TomTom kit may have killed the external GPS? (or else I needed to reset/calibrate it) Now because of my fumbling with the GoPro I only had a few good videos but the GoPro vid stopped before HLT... so I had no way to sync the overlay within HLT

I played around with Final Cut Pro X and found it can auto-sync multicams by audio and then you just select which audio/video you want when - very cool feature. It synced up the 2 vids no problem and then you just watch it and click the angle you want. When I sent it back to HLT I just synced the overlay to the end of the vid (seemed to work?) I figured all of this would kill the quality but it still ends up in 720p HD

If I did it right I wouldn't need Final Cut, but as a bonus for the hassle I could switch cams and use iPhone audio very easily. Just need to concentrate on better driving now :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCdm6jjGcds[/youtube]

GoPro 3 Black v02.39
Harry's LapTimer Grand Prix v17.0.05
iPhone 4 iOS 6.1.3
TomTom car kit that's unplugged (need to try to modify the mount for stability today)
Final Cut Pro X 10.0.8
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I see the features one can think of never end. I have switching of multiple PiP videos on my list already, now I need to add switching the master. :-) Great!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
///Magic
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ///Magic »

I have to say that I'm very impressed with the updates over the years as is. :) Technology is very exciting lately!

If you could switch masters like that within your app, it would replace much more expensive software lol but I will probably use the PiP feature instead myself. It would be cool though to select the iPhone's audio with a GoPro master video (I haven't tried the open back, but seems the iPhone has a much better mic or better location)

Tchüss
dcampbell
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by dcampbell »

Here is my first. Warning large file 200Mb! I was recording at 12mp, dropping it to 7mp for next time. The Throttle shows but one of the PIDs I had to exclude prevented recording. Pesky BMW and OBD.

http://www.dyno-tech.com/laptimer/IMG_0040.mov
2006 BMW 330xi
LT GP 19.0.16
Go point BT1
Gopro Black Hero3
Ipad gen3
XGPS150A
dcampbell
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by dcampbell »

///Magic wrote:...In the first attempt I learned that the finish trigger did not stop the GoPro? (closing the video on HLT works though) Then I had to charge GoPro batteries and unplugging the TomTom kit may have killed the external GPS? (or else I needed to reset/calibrate it) Now because of my fumbling with the GoPro I only had a few good videos but the GoPro vid stopped before HLT... so I had no way to sync the overlay within HLT
I lost sessions and laps because of this myself.

Power issue: Using the wifi with gopro black hero 3 will kill the battery quick. You would be lucky to get two 20 minute sessions, and that's only if you turn off the WiFi on the gopro than power it off. I just ordered the extra battery back pack and I should have ordered a couple of spare batteries as well. But this option does double your power life. The nice feature is there is an extra door on the battery pack case back that gives access to the usb port. It will charge both batteries, so no removing the camera from the case. Even with this option it still will not last a full track day, expect to charge or have extra batteries between sessions.
2006 BMW 330xi
LT GP 19.0.16
Go point BT1
Gopro Black Hero3
Ipad gen3
XGPS150A
guilt95
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by guilt95 »

hi

my last video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wae8hyk3-dc[/youtube]
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uHh2EFNC6Q[/youtube] WHEEEEEEEEE!
Now you're cookin'!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Let me award you the title "Master of MultiCam" :-) Please share on https://www.facebook.com/HarrysLapTimer!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

Oh well, it's only two additional cameras.. ;-)
If it weren't for the money, I'd have one on the driver and passenger, one out the back window, and one in hand of the passenger to point at interesting scenes (like the F1 tribune in the video above) or overtaking cars...
Who knows, maybe next year. ;-)
Now you're cookin'!