Share your video !

Introductions and general exchange between LapTimer users; use this forum in case you want to offer LapTimer related accessories too
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Share your video !

Post by Harry »

The speed spikes are specific to the VBOX, I have seen them a few times already. You may report that back to RL, otherwise I may add a filter here (which is something I actually prefer to not do - adding data quality filters is a never ending story). The noise from winning / losing can be solved. So far LapTimer simply checks if the gap decreases / increases. Small changes will generate values above and below zero. Maybe it is enough to add a range that is considered as "neutral" - something below accuracy achievable (i.e. +-0.02 seconds)...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Harry wrote:The speed spikes are specific to the VBOX, I have seen them a few times already. You may report that back to RL, otherwise I may add a filter here (which is something I actually prefer to not do - adding data quality filters is a never ending story). The noise from winning / losing can be solved. So far LapTimer simply checks if the gap decreases / increases. Small changes will generate values above and below zero. Maybe it is enough to add a range that is considered as "neutral" - something below accuracy achievable (i.e. +-0.02 seconds)...

- Harry
I'd have to go back and look, but as I remember, the VBOX Sport seems to occasionally report two fixes only 0.01 seconds apart instead of 0.05. That's what seems to cause the speed spikes.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, I believe I have seen this pattern for the VBOX too. This issue is definitively on the sensor side. LapTimer stores GPS data unchanged. The only exception are "virtual" fixes that get inserted when passing the starting line, the finish line, or split triggers. These fixes are interpolated.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
GlnkNL
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by GlnkNL »

So I was at the Nurburgring today. 300km drive to get there. At 18:00 I do 1 lap and then the track is shutdown because someone crashed badly. No wonder because it was very very crowded with bikers everywhere and the sun was very low on the horizon DANGER. So because Nordschleife was now closed I move to the Nurburgring GP track. Join the queue there, I wasn't the only one with this idea so again very crowded. Unluckily the queue got cut right in front of me so I had to wait another 30 mins. Finally 19:00 and were ready to go. I do 10 mins of driving, then someone crashes badly again. Red flag out and the end of the session and couldnt do another session because it was closed. :(

So I travelled 600km total for 1 lap Nordschleife and 10mins Nurburgring GP :P

Anyway. I had a few issues with HL at the Nordschleife. When I crossed the start the timer didnt start so I had to manually start it and it didn't stop either when I went over the finish (gantry). There seems to be a conflict between Nurburgring GP and Nordshcleife. When I downloaded Nuburgring GP at home HL asked me if I wanted to purge. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Heres my lap:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43qrm_WKsF0[/youtube]

I have not synced it correctly I'll fix that tomorrow, though its going to be hard with no good sync point :)
Also the Apple camera roll seems to convert the overlay video from 30fps to 29.97fps. Is there any way to get around this? Because the Nordschleife is so big it's really annoying to be out of sync at the end of the lap.
GlnkNL
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by GlnkNL »

The idea was to start slowly so please forgive my shuffling the wheel at some corners. It was a relaxation cruise :) My 2nd lap ever on the Nordschleife

And my first ever laps on the Nurburgring GP:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3lBUNvg8lE[/youtube]

My brake fluid was boiling after like 1 lap Nurburgring GP. So I braked early. Still 2 year old brake fluid of unknown brand. I need to swap it for Castrol SRF :P My standard street tires size 225/45 r17 held up pretty well although it was frustrating how little grip/performance they have, especially on a GP track it really shines through.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

There is a formal conflict between GP and BTG track sets, but it doesn't disturb LT operation (no common track sections). Please check the Troubleshooting section for the FAQ on LapTimer doesn't record... It is either a problem with GPS or a missing track set.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

And yes, Nordschleife can get pretty frustrating - especially if you can't spend the time from early in the morning till closing in the evening. I had situation like this several times already - one or no(!) lap for the whole trip...
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Harry wrote:I had situation like this several times already - one or no(!) lap for the whole trip...
Not getting any sympathy from me...complaining about "the whole trip", having the Nordschleife at your front door...tztztz ;)
GlnkNL
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by GlnkNL »

How can I split the Nurburgring GP lapcount with the Nordschleife BTG lap count? The Nordschleife lap shows lap 2/8 but the other 6 laps are my GP track laps.
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

GlnkNL wrote:How can I split the Nurburgring GP lapcount with the Nordschleife BTG lap count? The Nordschleife lap shows lap 2/8 but the other 6 laps are my GP track laps.
Select each of the GP laps and simply edit the track they are linked to.