HLT - under android-x86

Introductions and general exchange between LapTimer users; use this forum in case you want to offer LapTimer related accessories too
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: HLT - under android-x86

Post by bulls23 »

Can't get it to work on my PC...seems to run Vbox but even after installing Vbox and starting the virtual machine it stays stuck at the Android booting screen.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I moved this thread to Community as it is far from LapTimer trouble shooting ;-)
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Well...I feel I'm in big trouble trying to run HLT outside of an Android device LOL
JonathanM
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by JonathanM »

Yeah, that's my results as well.

I'm just going to stick with waiting for my phone to do renders.
QuickLrnr
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by QuickLrnr »

I have attached a screen shot of HLT running fine on andyroid. I will work on getting the files moved from my GS5 to my laptop to compare overlay times. Hopefully this will help shorten the time it takes to do overlays.
Attachments
HLT-ANDYROID.jpg
HLT-ANDYROID.jpg (127.55 KiB) Viewed 3631 times
QuickLrnr
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by QuickLrnr »

Don't waste your time. The andyroid was SLOWER than the GS5 by about 25 percent. This was on an i5 Intel with 6 gig of ram.
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Playing around once again with Andydroid and indeed it's a waste of time I guess...Pretty good machine here witch 6 cores @3Gh and 48Gb of RAM but a Andydroid will never fully use it not even close, overlaying with two PiP as I'm writing and the system load doesn't exceed 10%. Also getting the video files is kind of painful, I can only get access to a shared folder from my PC and then have to mover stuff around with a file manager App on Andydroid. Export / import of my laps from the iPhone worked perfectly. Setting the sync points for the videos not made with the automatic function from Laptimer or Multicam is kind of weird, seems to work only for special frames (key frames?).
Andydroid seems to be only some kind of GUI for Virtualbox...maybe there's a way of optimizing the image to use the full hardware of the PC.