Versions Feature List?

Introductions and general exchange between LapTimer users; use this forum in case you want to offer LapTimer related accessories too
loosche
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Versions Feature List?

Post by loosche »

The webpage seems to only have vague descriptions of the differences between the rookie/petrolhead/grand prix versions of the software. Is there a web page I haven't found yet describing the features of each version so I can try and start at the right level?

I just purchased the external XGPS150A and GoPoint BT1 and was hoping to use HLT for tracking my autocross progress. Videos could be helpful, so I figured I'd want at least the Petrolhead version, but the "more OBD II information" makes me wonder if the Grand Prix is really the version I should get.

Any input would be appreciated.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Versions Feature List?

Post by Harry »

Hi,

You are right, the edition differences are not very detailed any more. I had this before but found most users simply found it too complicated to understand all the views and individual items ahead of having purchased the software. But let me give you some more insights on the differences between Petrolhead and Grand Prix:
  1. While Petrolhead has full support of video recording and overlaying including picture in picture features, Grand Prix adds two items here: 1) Picture in Picture videos can be added automatically through GP's MultiCam feature controlling both a second iOS device or a GoPro 2) GP allows a qualified video comparison to a reference lap's video. While #1 can be achieved using Petrolhead by recording and aligning a second video manually, the "by sector alignment" of reference laps, cannot be realized manually.
  2. GP has optimized access to your BT1. This will yield an approximately 1 Hz update rate improvement.
  3. GP has further analytic views: chart with temperatures recorded from OBD, throttle position, yaw rate
  4. GP adds the current video frame to the cursor set in any of the charts
Hope that helps, let me know if you have further questions.

- Harry

P.S. You can upgrade Petrolhead to GP any time later.
Image Image Image Image
loosche
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by loosche »

What analytic views exist in the petrolhead version?

Can either version run both the back & front camera for PIP recordings?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Petrolhead: speeds, lateral, longitudinal acceleration, height, engine rpm
Both support back or front

- Harry
Image Image Image Image