PIP Ref video why in green when should be red?

Introductions and general exchange between LapTimer users; use this forum in case you want to offer LapTimer related accessories too
xps911
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

PIP Ref video why in green when should be red?

Post by xps911 »

Hi,
On my PIP with REF, i dont think the colour is working correctly for green and red?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsNiQW_tNWk[/youtube]

straight 107mph on main screeen, straight 103mph in ref, both show in green? surely the ref one should be red?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PIP Ref video why in green when should be red?

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Firstly, I do not think it is good to use an overlaid video for PiP and suggest to use the raw version if possible (simply press Revert for your reference lap - the overlaid video will not be deleted and will still be available in the Photo library). Things simply get to complicated to read ;-) When LapTimer adds a PiP video, it does not alter its content, it simply adds the frame 1:1. Naturally, the reference lap will be ahead or behind the position in the master video. Looking into your sample, you were faster in the reference lap and have reached the area were LapTimer starts inserting the min speed (red) achieved in the upcoming corner. The master is some 100 meters behind and thus still displays the last straight's max speed (green).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
xps911
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by xps911 »

does red mean slower or faster ?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

xps911 wrote:does red mean slower or faster ?
Neither. Red means a speed minimum - typically driven through corners. When driving on a circuit, you will alternate between minimum speeds in corners and max speeds on straights all the time. These min / max speeds are displayed by LapTimer.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image