[FAQ] Adjusting Calibration 'after the fact'

All threads that are outdated (e. g. problem with an older version that was replaced by a new one) are moved here.
Qomomoko
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: [FAQ] Adjusting Calibration 'after the fact'

Post by Qomomoko »

Also, when pressing recalculation it gives options. I choose lateral acceleration and NOT the other such as "lap set points" or something of the sort. However, when doing so my iPad turns of HLT and I do not think the recalculation goes through.

I am using iPhone 4 and Sky Pro GPS.

Without recalculation there is a default for the lean angle in the lastest version of HLT and it is then actually calculation from GPS info when going through with "recalculation" correct?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Qomomoko wrote:So besides pressing the recalculate button, positioning the phone vertically ( in a non horizontal as in when laying on a table) position is needed to get proper lean angle?

My youtube channel can be searched under my name Qomomoko to see what my lean angle looks on overlay video.

Here is one link
http://youtu.be/VaHVF3GYiGA
There is no need to hold it vertically during recalculation, orientation is important for measured acceleration only.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Qomomoko wrote:Also, when pressing recalculation it gives options. I choose lateral acceleration and NOT the other such as "lap set points" or something of the sort. However, when doing so my iPad turns of HLT and I do not think the recalculation goes through.

Without recalculation there is a default for the lean angle in the lastest version of HLT and it is then actually calculation from GPS info when going through with "recalculation" correct?
As you posted on a crash in another thread, it might be there is a problem with your database. But please send the sample first and I will check. Recalculate is the entry point to all kinds of calculation, there one that is relevant for lean is "Acceleration". Btw. you will get prompted during overlay to calculate acceleration as long as it has not be done before and the lap's vehicle is configured as a motorbike.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Qomomoko
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Qomomoko »

Harry wrote:
Qomomoko wrote:Also, when pressing recalculation it gives options. I choose lateral acceleration and NOT the other such as "lap set points" or something of the sort. However, when doing so my iPad turns of HLT and I do not think the recalculation goes through.

As you posted on a crash in another thread, it might be there is a problem with your database. But please send the sample first and I will check. Recalculate is the entry point to all kinds of calculation, there one that is relevant for lean is "Acceleration". Btw. you will get prompted during overlay to calculate acceleration as long as it has not be done before and the lap's vehicle is configured as a motorbike.

- Harry
Tried sending you a PM but did not work.. Any update on those files I sent you? I
I have a track day on August 23 fyi.

Thanks
Qomomoko
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Qomomoko »

This might be the best place to post.

this post is to see if "Recalculation->Acceleration" can be modified by adding "-" and "+" tabs for ease of use for small incremental changes.
This is what I mean:
The finger drag method is used to choose the strength of recalculating the values from " LIGHT -------STRONG". However, at times the smaller changes are hard to pin point and I it might make it easier if there where the "-" and "+" tabs as the ones for the video overlay. Same as in video over lay where the finger drag method is used to choose a time stamp to over lay the video and for smaller increments there are also the "-" and "+" tabs". Hope this explains my point fairly clear and hope it is not too much work for you as the finger drag method works but at times it is hard to use as when one lifts the dragging finger the "effect" changes.

Thanks again Harry, Just had another successful weekend at the track with my bikes thanks in large part to your program.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Not the right thread as it is marked "outdated" :-) Use the Feature Request section for items like this. I got this one, so no need to repeat it :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image